rugbyunion
Latest News:

Putting them to sleep
bisach (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 02:45
Anyone think that Exeter looked tired at the weekend? They seemed to lie down on virtually every attacking breakdown, just lying on the ruck. Watching the video today, I came to the same conclusion.

I thought Sir was very considerate though because he let them sleep and didn't try to wake them

Mind you, they even beat us in their sleep.

Re: Putting them to sleep
GHA (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 03:04
Quote:
bisach
Anyone think that Exeter looked tired at the weekend? They seemed to lie down on virtually every attacking breakdown, just lying on the ruck. Watching the video today, I came to the same conclusion.
I thought Sir was very considerate though because he let them sleep and didn't try to wake them

Mind you, they even beat us in their sleep.

Zzz

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 06:50
Yes at every maul, Chiefs were off their feet and virtually never got penalised. The chiefs fans behind me were laughing as they noticed it aswell. Got to hand it to them they played the ref all day.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 06:58 by Exile_Dave.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:24
I find it's more fun to appreciate the quality of rugby on display rather than try and find things to moan at the ref about

harristocratt (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:00
The problem GHA is that we never infringe the laws and are therefor always lose out.

We would be top of the premiership if it wasn't for other teams cheating and referees allowing them to get away with it.

In posts a long time ago I suggested that we try infringing the laws in order to get and even break but a succession of coaches and players have ignored the advice and that is why we find ourselves in our current situation.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:12
That's what being a family club gets you

bisach (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:38
Quote:
GHA
I find it's more fun to appreciate the quality of rugby on display rather than try and find things to moan at the ref about

I certainly do appreciate the quality of rugby on display.

The problem is, I never have to "try and find things to moan at the ref about". And that distracts from enjoying the game because it makes it a complete lottery, one which LI hasn't bought a ticket for.

At each game, the officials should supply us with lottery cards where the choices are

"what laws are we applying today?"

and

"which team are we going to apply them to?"

The guesswork would all be around the first question, not the second.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 15:13
If they made the game less complicated by making rules instead of laws they would simply be applied, or sometimes not.

The trouble is there would be an awful lot of penalties and not much actual rugby.

Instead of "hands out" as soon as a hand goes in give a penalty simples and so on.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 17:14
I did notice that there is a lot of sealing off the ball at the ruck in the premiership by the "better" sides this season and wondered is there a new law that permits it. I will add that Chief's were the better side and to good for us before the " just because you lost, never judge the officials" brigade get tapping.
Also chuckled at a chief's players, 3 yard forward floor roll on Saturday, that has occured in most games I've this viewed this season, I've only seen it pinged once, ever.

Xprop (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 17:47
Yes the caterpillar is back. The law introduced to stop it means sir should call 'use it' as soon as the ball is available and then allow 5 seconds but they allow much longer. Another law they choose not to enforce.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 19:20
Not listened to all of it yet but this is quite interesting, Wayne Barnes on the BBC Rugby Podcast thing

[www.bbc.co.uk]

TCB (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 20:00
Quote:
LI Bohemian
I did notice that there is a lot of sealing off the ball at the ruck in the premiership by the "better" sides this season and wondered is there a new law that permits it. I will add that Chief's were the better side and to good for us before the " just because you lost, never judge the officials" brigade get tapping.
Also chuckled at a chief's players, 3 yard forward floor roll on Saturday, that has occured in most games I've this viewed this season, I've only seen it pinged once, ever.

Ref. the 3 yard roll. Mitch Lees got penalised for it on Sunday. It was a bit blatant though.

Good luck for the last couple of games. Sadly, I think it will be a season of rebuilding in the Championship but i really hope you can come back better for it.

Tony

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 21:07
Cheers Tony, the league doesn't lie and I don't recon we will stay up, but the good thing about sport is you never know what will happen next, so we may be better for a return to purgatory.

GHA (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 07:01
Déjà vu everywhere

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net