rugbyunion
Latest News:

Ealings revolving gate
Steelman (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 15:03
Ealing have churned plenty of players in the past few seasons, and they have been very busy this year,23 of the squad being wished well for the future.If Ward and Codling can get the next intake to gel, in time for the new season,they really will be exceptional coaches.Chances are thought that we may have a bit of a start on them before they warm up ,although what our back line will look like, for the first game of the season,gawd only knows.

Re: Ealings revolving gate
Aa545 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 15:10
I know not everyone will agree but I make Ealing slight favourites next season given the number of players expected to leave us overnight the summer.

PV (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 16:40
Quote:
Aa545
I know not everyone will agree but I make Ealing slight favourites next season given the number of players expected to leave us overnight the summer.

Who of those Ealing have signed would make the first team of any Premiership team. Put it another way, which Prem clubs have signed any Ealing players?

Contrast to our squad....I think even with the known exits, we have some remaining talent and some top class coaches. Not only do I think we’ll come back up, but back up and stronger than we are now!

Bazzo (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 16:44
Quote:
Aa545

You're correct. I do not agree.

I know that we do doomsday very well and like to look at the worst possible outcome all the time, but really? before you even know who is leaving or coming in? Ealing slight Favs ahead of us? Just Can't see it, sorry.

HMRH (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 16:45
Ealing favourites?? They’ve just released 23 of their squad and that’s a huge number - a few maybe not tearing it up but some better players to the Prem. I’m disappointed we’ll be playing them in all probability but can’t see how they start as favourites. We have 2 international coaches and plenty of experience and no doubt some new players to come in. We’ll lose some good players I’m sure but think we’ll still be good enough

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 17:21
Hard to make to many bold calls without seeing what our squad for next season looks like.

We're more than capable of falling short against an ambitious Ealing team, but I doubt we'll start as anything other than favourites. Head to head games will be crucial and at least everyone knows where they stand without the play offs.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 19:27
List of departing Ealing players.

Departing Players:

Morgan Allen

Mark Bright

Rory Clegg

Ollie Curry - Bedford Blues

Luke Daniels - Bristol Rugby

Will Davis - Northampton Saints

Arthur Ellis

James Gibbons - Coventry

James Hallam

Grayson Hart

Llewelyn Jones

Rhys Lawrence

Barney Maddison

Joe Munro

Piers O’Conor - Bristol Rugby

Shane O’Leary - Nottingham

Aaron Penberthy - Jersey Reds

Lewis Robling

Sam Rodman - Jersey Reds

Willie Ryan

Djustice Sears Duru

Dan Temm

Lewis Thiede - Bristol Rugby

Academy Leavers:

Ziana Alexis

Alex Seers

Freddie Bunting

Dan Grant Adamson

Bradley Clements

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

PV (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 19:34
Wow, so basically over half the squad. Mark Bright is a quality player

GMC_LI (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 20:27
2 ex-LI in that release; Ollie Curry and Joe Munro.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 20:27
Quote:
Aa545

The tone of this posting is slightly more positive than your normal musings, ah yes the sun has been out lately.

cjm. (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 20:53
Is Rory Clegg still a decent fly-half?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 21:11
Quote:
cjm.

I have my suspicions about a player who’s been around as many clubs as he has. Getting released from a championship team doesn’t bode well either. He’s played at falcons, quins, Glasgow, I think I’m Italy and now Ealing. He’ll always find a team given his experience but he’s rarely kept on very long

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 21:38
Quote:
cjm.

I wouldn’t have him at Irish. Totally agree with Jimbos comment.

kiwi02 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 22:05
What about Joe Munro? - ex Irish boy
Plays 12/13 - current position of weakness
16/17 championship dream team

[m.youtube.com]

kiwi02 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 22:05

[m.youtube.com]

Shawshank (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 22:47
In truth that’s a pretty rag-tag bunch of journeymen and fast-fading starlets.

No wonder Ealing are cutting them...

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 22:58
Quote:
kiwi02

[m.youtube.com]

Munro looks handy. Id give him a chance.

Steelman (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 08:14
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
kiwi02

[m.youtube.com]

Munro looks handy. Id give him a chance.

Thanks for the video link, a wonderful reminder of how a line of backs is
meant to operate,perhaps Munro has had injury issues,but wow, he looks
some player.

PV (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 08:21
I wonder what brief K and K have been given on signings, get us back to the Prem with some seasoned Championship players, sign players who have the potential to compete in the Prem, combo? Awaited with interest....

HMRH (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 14:32
Bright has rejoined Scottish

24 April, 2018 14:39
Jordy Reid signs for them from the Rebels. Decent signings there.

Hopefully most of our leavers are announced fairly quickly after relegation is confirmed so we can start to get an idea of what our squad will look like.sure there are a few signings lined up to be announced too in addition to the senior academy intake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2018 15:16 by Margin_Walker.

PV (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 15:12
It's sensible management for all parties (within London Irish of course) to not announce anything until the end of the season, not least because we are still in with a slim chance of survival.

I have complete faith in K and K to secure the team to do the job next season either in the Premiership or Championship. I'm actually excited we will have a contender for promotion - at least one - as it's that very drama which draws people in IMHO.

I think they will sign at least half a dozen players who will be good enough in 19/20 to take on the Premiership. Also - if we do go down, when we come up it will be in World Cup year which presents opportunities of itself.

Onwards and upwards

Steelman (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 15:23
Ealing sign Paddy Howard from the Dragons.....!

SirBurger (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 15:53
Quote:
PV
It's sensible management for all parties (within London Irish of course) to not announce anything until the end of the season, not least because we are still in with a slim chance of survival.
I have complete faith in K and K to secure the team to do the job next season either in the Premiership or Championship. I'm actually excited we will have a contender for promotion - at least one - as it's that very drama which draws people in IMHO.

I think they will sign at least half a dozen players who will be good enough in 19/20 to take on the Premiership. Also - if we do go down, when we come up it will be in World Cup year which presents opportunities of itself.

Onwards and upwards

Totally agree with all of that.

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 20:19
How about this article for Ealing's recent signings:

Ealing

I'd say next season Ealing will be as strong as Bristol were this season!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 20:45
I imagine Irish are keeping an eye on what’s going on at Ealing. Kidney is a shrewd operator, he wouldn’t sign up t a deal like this if it meant anymore than a year in the championship.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 23:02
Ealing have a big team to gel. Personally can see another London Welsh. This is a big gamble in getting rid of the old talent and incorporating all these new guys. Not worried at all.

PV (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 05:26
Not sure how many of those are or would be regular first team in the Prem. None of them would excite me either so I’m not getting the hysteria.

NMB (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 09:08
Ill reserve judgement until I see what squad we are bringing to the championship but with the information available at the moment it looks like we'll need to be better then we were last time but will have a weaker squad (dependant on pending announcements) which is a worry.

Xprop (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 10:11
Quote:
NMB
Ill reserve judgement until I see what squad we are bringing to the championship but with the information available at the moment it looks like we'll need to be better then we were last time but will have a weaker squad (dependant on pending announcements) which is a worry.

My feelings exactly.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 11:11
Quote:
Xprop
Quote:
NMB

My feelings exactly.

Of the announcements
Franks - we've got Petrus
Lewington - that's a big loss, but the show goes on
Paice - Poercki is looking good, Fainga'a should be fit

Of the rumours
JC - Nalaga will be fit
Williams (J) - he hasn't played massive amounts this season or last. Williams (M) is looking pretty good, plus we're rumoured to be signing Stepenson
TBC - wasn't fit for much of last season or this, had a couple of good games, rumoured to be signing Myler
Loader - not played much
Reid - DHA every day of the week
Cowan - we've been doing OK without him so far

Anyone else I'm missing?

I think we'll be just fine should we get relegated

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 13:30
I am not worried about Ealing they will be a good challenge for us in the championship next season. If they pip us to it, then we only have ourselves to blame, but it is a better and fairer system than the play offs last time we were in the Championship.

28 April, 2018 13:50
Quote:
LI Bohemian
I am not worried about Ealing they will be a good challenge for us in the championship next season. If they pip us to it, then we only have ourselves to blame, but it is a better and fairer system than the play offs last time we were in the Championship.

Agree. I'd much rather be up against an ambitious Ealing team in top of the league takes all arrangement than still have to go through the play offs.

Every game is important until the league is settled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net