25 April, 2018 10:12
[www.london-irish.com]

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Re: Paice to hang up his boots
bisach (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 10:20
Best wishes for the future Paicey.

I'm sure Steve and Sarah will enjoy looking after the kids while you and Alyce both go walkabout.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 10:22
Well thatís one departure confirmed. Iíd say heís timed it right. Pleasing thing is heís been able to do it his way, not through injury etc. Good luck to him

Griff (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 10:35
Best of luck Paicey. This site was his fan sponsor for a long time and he's always been a lovely chap to chat to. Legend, we'll miss him.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 10:40
Great bloke, ferocious and underrated player. Best of luck to him. Not sure we have a hooker who can naturally step up as first choice, but we shall see.

Steelman (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 11:35
Doesn't get much better does it, 16 years of rugby, and then retire back to Brisbane with the wife and kids,a very valued and respected one club man ,and with everyone's good wishes.
Perfect timing,all the very best!

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 12:01
Perfect timing to hand over the Baton to Porecki. The best of luck for the future.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2018 13:10 by Exile_Dave.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 12:14
Iím looking forward to seeing dawiduik get a proper pre drown under his belt

turniphead (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 12:32
Really sad to see Paicey go but agree that it's a great time for him to do it.

Such a rare thing the 'one club man' these days. We're very lucky to have had such a devout servant.

Definitely a London Irish legend.

https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pbF7MepzeHRsTMq2BN6eLFopHfqOKjzqsLaGXCmPzr_xRAd47IL-adt8h_g7atZgWlAop9nh6QPeg7MRK8evkgg/Craic%20Signature.jpg?psid=1

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 12:48
If you skip to 2 minutes 50, Paicey scored one of the best tries scored for Irish in a long time:

[www.youtube.com]

Great player for us and his lineout combination with Big Bob and Nick the Ball was up there with probably one of the best ever.

Seamus O'Rielly (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 13:20
Don't skip anything, watch the whole clip, it's great,

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 13:36
We were a joy to watch, and there were loads of fans at the game

Aa545 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 13:50
Will be missed. He was brilliant with my son when he was a mascot , even remembered his name and came over to speak to him a few weeks later.

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 15:04
All the very best for your future was an excellent servant to the club just wonder what his old sparring partner Big Jim is thinking now !!

Bazzo (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 15:31
Quote:
SirBurger
Great bloke, ferocious and underrated player. Best of luck to him. Not sure we have a hooker who can naturally step up as first choice, but we shall see.

Good description. Never seen him give anything but his all. I am sure that he had options to do other things when playing for England in his prime, stuck with the club through good times and bad. Scored at the back of many a maul, especially last season, His line out throwing is top notch as well, might have played on the edge but he will be missed.

I would say that we are light at hooker, especially if TWC is off to Sarries.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 16:26
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
SirBurger

Good description. Never seen him give anything but his all. I am sure that he had options to do other things when playing for England in his prime, stuck with the club through good times and bad. Scored at the back of many a maul, especially last season, His line out throwing is top notch as well, might have played on the edge but he will be missed.

I would say that we are light at hooker, especially if TWC is off to Sarries.

Agree with all that. Some times, particularly in dark days, when he was the only forward on the park who looked willing to run at the opposition with some conviction.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 18:04
Definitely going to miss him. A great player for the club and unlucky not to feature more for country. He always gave everything and was one of the few we have had of late who kept us going forward.

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 20:01
AND ALWAYS REMEMBERED AS PLAYING FOR THE FLATULENT FAIRIES..........shhhhhh do not tell saints

good luck Paicey - thank you and enjoy your new life - the best is yet to come.

Marie

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Iron Lung (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 13:25
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
If you skip to 2 minutes 50, Paicey scored one of the best tries scored for Irish in a long time:
[www.youtube.com]

Great player for us and his lineout combination with Big Bob and Nick the Ball was up there with probably one of the best ever.

it's amazing how quickly the scrums were formed and executed in that video, and we thought they were drawn out then!

Thank you Paicey for all your years of service to the club. You've always been one of my favourite players and will be missed. All the best back in Oz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net