rugbyunion
Latest News:

World class facilities
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 23:06
Read this

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Perhaps we should give them a tour of our gym...

Re: World class facilities
Aa545 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 05:12
Don’t think they would get in our match day 15.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 06:21 by Aa545.

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 06:05
Give it another couple of years and they'll be back at Wycombe,training in cow pats and Coventry City will be top of the Premiership.We,ll still be in Reading.

PV (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 06:55
Nothing that a bit of ring fencing won’t put right.....

harristocratt (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 10:35
Just goes to prove that facilities don't win rugby matches.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 12:13
Seems to be a lot of clubs are “looking for new investment”

PV (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 12:27
When I reflect back on 40 odd years of playing and watching, by far the happiest and most spirited were pre ‘95: Maybe we were always meant to be amateur. I now go to lower league games and get more out of it in terms of engagement and fun than most pro and international matches.

If we went bust I’d happily satisfy myself watching the Geese or a new amateur construct. If also sacrifice the quality of play (which is questionable of itself).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 13:54 by PV.

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 13:04
Quote:
PV
When I reflect back on 40 odd years of playing and watching, by far the happiest and most spirited were post ‘95: Maybe we were always meant to be amateur. I now go to lower league games and get more out of it in terms of engagement and fun than most pro and international matches.
If we went bust I’d happily satisfy myself watching the Geese or a new amateur construct. If also sacrifice the quality of play (which is questionable of itself).

Yeah about the time that tackles became collisions, a lot of fun and spectator enjoyment went out of the game. Long stops for injury treatment in most matches.The serious injury stats are now so bad that I don't know how a parent could recommend it as a career. I never ceased to be amazed by the players courage.What that video of us 10 years ago shows,is that the quality of the rugby on offer then was way better than the current product,for entertainment value imho.

PV (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 13:56
Well if the game at club level is going to the wall without donors (let's face it, an investment with no return is a donation or foolish), we will revert to amateur days...

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 14:42
Quote:
Steelman
Quote:
PV
When I reflect back on 40 odd years of playing and watching, by far the happiest and most spirited were post ‘95: Maybe we were always meant to be amateur. I now go to lower league games and get more out of it in terms of engagement and fun than most pro and international matches.

Yeah about the time that tackles became collisions, a lot of fun and spectator enjoyment went out of the game. Long stops for injury treatment in most matches.The serious injury stats are now so bad that I don't know how a parent could recommend it as a career. I never ceased to be amazed by the players courage.What that video of us 10 years ago shows,is that the quality of the rugby on offer then was way better than the current product,for entertainment value imho.

I absolutely agree. But every time one of the administrative bodies looks to do something about injuries caused by "collisions" as opposed to "tackles" the old guard start up with the same old "never a problem in my day - they're making our game soft" protests. Big hits (collisions) or running rugby? Can there be both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 14:45 by DaveTVT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net