rugbyunion
Latest News:

2018-2019 Season Tickets
peezee (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:13

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:19
That's £22.64 per game for the wings and £27.18 for the inner seats.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:23
What are the cup matched next season?

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:26
I guess that's 5 players that will be with us next season

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
PV (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:31
Fainga’a has hardly been with us this season......

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:34
True, but he did pick up a freak injury (as many of the squad seemed to)

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:35
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
What are the cup matched next season?


I don't think there are any.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
HK Phooey (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:37
I am guessing it will be the British and Irish cup



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 15:38 by HK Phooey.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:40
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
What are the cup matched next season?


I don't think there are any.

Just had a response from the club.

"There will be a new Championship cup which will include 3 home games at Madejski as part of the season ticket."

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
PV (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:44
Quote:
Florida
True, but he did pick up a freak injury (as many of the squad seemed to)

He was seriously knackered before he came.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:45
Yep, two of the rumoured departures are in the pic advertising season tickets. Very glad to see FVdM in the pic, our most consistent performer this season.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Griff (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:12
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
That's £22.64 per game for the wings and £27.18 for the inner seats.

For the quoted 14 games (11 Champ + 3 Cup) that's £21.36/£17.79 per match - with a guarantee that your ticket price won't be undercut by any pricing deals. Not completely terrible but not great. We all know what standard the games will be now... 18/20 quid per game for a season-ticket seems pricey.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
PV (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:16
Hardly going to draw the crowds in

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Aa545 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:23
Quote:
PV
Hardly going to draw the crowds in
We need to move to London for that to happen.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Griff
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
That's £22.64 per game for the wings and £27.18 for the inner seats.

For the quoted 14 games (11 Champ + 3 Cup) that's £21.36/£17.79 per match - with a guarantee that your ticket price won't be undercut by any pricing deals. Not completely terrible but not great. We all know what standard the games will be now... 18/20 quid per game for a season-ticket seems pricey.


Haha. They've updated it! Original just had 11 games.

So that's 11 grade 2 games & 3 at grade 3

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
cjm. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 17:01
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
PV
Hardly going to draw the crowds in
We need to move to London for that to happen.

For we will be led to the promised land of Brentford where the prophet BBC told us of the unwashed masses seeking something to do in a tricky part of outer London on a Sunday afternoon. They number 14,000 and many have a pig under their arm and a chirpy, cheeky manner about them. We shall build it and they will come. And lo it shall be glorious.

Book of LI : Regenesis 1:0.

I think I'm bored.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
tonyh50 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 17:05
Trying to get season ticket renewals started before any announcements as to what the squad will be next season. All back in the West Stand again (poor atmosphere)and East Stand season ticket holders have to wait until West standers have renewed or not and then from the 22nd May we can get what’s left - poor treatment of long standing supporters I feel.
Also what will the cup games be next year various rumours but nothing confirmed as yet by RFU?and finally asking for an extra £120 to become a ‘Patron’ overall not an attractive package. Think I will wait to hear more re who’s going and what the squad will be before renewing.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
HK Phooey (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 17:41
Having to pay for two kiddies prices me out of any renewal

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Wena9362 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 17:55
Quote:
HK Phooey
Having to pay for two kiddies prices me out of any renewal
Will be pricing a lot of families out of going

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
HK Phooey (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:13
Given the season tickets have to be best value, there will be no more kids for a quid too

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:18
Perhaps someone needs to tell the team that decide on pricing that we're in the championship. Ealing and Yorkshire charge £150 and £140

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
exile99 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:05
I'm missing something. Where is the price stated?

The allocation looks better than last time, Easties get to choose their own seats rather than being assigned assuming all Westies will renew.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:11
Pricing on here

[www.london-irish.com]

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:18
look for the link in the announcement

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Bazzo (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:02
Trying to take it in and decide. It does seem strange to get relegated to a lower league and not get a reduction. The abolition of the AFES category is not something that I agree with, always thought that showed good commitment and ideas from the club.

The pricing structure appear to me to be geared towards a successful Premiership club, but we are not that, we are a Championship club. Maybe it is thinking of the long term and pricing structures for a few years down the line. I think it will lead to smaller crowds next season and the season after (or until they move ground). Based on Reading support levels, who I could barely get to go when we offered free tickets for the Chiefs game, can't see how this will encourage new fans to go along, especially after making the promise not to undercut the average season ticket price. Decision to be made.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
orsoncart (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:17
For crying out loud-

You end the season with three massive defeats and are relegated by a mile
You issue a list of 18 or so leavers
You give no clarity on moving
You give no indication of replacement players
You have seriously p....d off the Reading 4

So you decide that now would be a good time to send out season ticket offers, plus a new membership scheme

Is anyone really thinking this stuff through?

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
HMRH (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 14:13
we Should pay higher not lower - major issue is funding the rest is just because of that. If you want pay £150 for a season ticket you’ll kill the club

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
cjm. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 14:47
Quote:
HMRH
we Should pay higher not lower - major issue is funding the rest is just because of that. If you want pay £150 for a season ticket you’ll kill the club

Catch 22 though innit. Can't get people to pay more for a poorer quality product, can't get a better quality product without more money. Hence rich benefactors are so common.

Do you think anyone has given Bono a call?

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Narbia (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 08:00
Quote:
orsoncart
For crying out loud-
You end the season with three massive defeats and are relegated by a mile
You issue a list of 18 or so leavers
You give no clarity on moving
You give no indication of replacement players
You have seriously p....d off the Reading 4

So you decide that now would be a good time to send out season ticket offers, plus a new membership scheme

Is anyone really thinking this stuff through?

My thoughts as well. Going to be some pretty sparse support next season.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 08:30
I’d have thought that the beginning of the season would have been a great time to do the ‘being all your friends’ promotion. Get the support up early when we’d potentially be wining more games. Build it up a little this season ready for next season if we go up.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Finno (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:47
Am I missing something, but have they done away with Unreserved Seating for next season? There are two categories West Centre and West Wing, and there's talk of same guaranteed seat!

Anyone else notice this? Or have I got it all wrong!

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Florida (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 14:10
From the FAQ

"All Season Ticket seats in 2018/19 will be reserved, but you can move for games when you bring your friends! Season Ticket Holders who were in the East Stand in 2017/18 will have a priority window to choose their new seat in the West Stand."

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Finno (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 14:24
Quote:
Florida
From the FAQ
"All Season Ticket seats in 2018/19 will be reserved, but you can move for games when you bring your friends! Season Ticket Holders who were in the East Stand in 2017/18 will have a priority window to choose their new seat in the West Stand."

Thanks !

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Clontarf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 15:44
It is very nice to be appreciated and even flattered. It doesn't happened often at my time in life

The following quotations from the season ticket blurb caught my eye

“We also know that we are not making this journey on our own – you are here with us as the best fans in the country."

"A 2018/19 Season Ticket includes:
A simpler, clearer, more transparent pricing structure"


"Free London Irish Club Membership ... which gives you entry into a ballot for England home international tickets"

As I'm one of best fans in the country the transparency I'm looking for is some rough indication of the number of home international match tickets which are up for grabs in this ballot and the number of likely participants. Rough figures are all I ask and then I can work out if my chances of winning are 1 in 100, 1 in 1000 or even 1 in 5,000.

I don't think I'll get the answer.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 16:11
I've been a member since LI moved to Reading & never had a single ticket from the ballot.

By the time sponsors, season long hospitality, etc have had their dibs, there's not many left. And now we're in the Championship again, our allocation has been reduced.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Jamo (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:22
I’m done now. Won’t be doing it any more after 13 years.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Finno (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:22
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
I've been a member since LI moved to Reading & never had a single ticket from the ballot.
By the time sponsors, season long hospitality, etc have had their dibs, there's not many left. And now we're in the Championship again, our allocation has been reduced.

I've always had a problem with the ballot, there is no transparency. It's offered as a perk, but you never see a published list of who's won, or indeed if a ballot ever took place!!

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
orsoncart (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:57
Quote:
Jamo
I’m done now. Won’t be doing it any more after 13 years.

Ditto, I'm afraid. I wonder whether the club will ask 'why'?

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:26
Quote:
orsoncart
Quote:
Jamo
I’m done now. Won’t be doing it any more after 13 years.

Ditto, I'm afraid. I wonder whether the club will ask 'why'?

Me too enough is enough I’m not paying £300 to watch another year of championship rugby ,

I will be spending my Saturdays supporting my local Farnham RFC ( Home Club of Jonny Wilkinson )
Bye Bye .......

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
norg2072 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 19:03
They can't sell ST for £50 or whatever the moaning contingent want to pay, they have to have a multi year revenue plan and charge accordingly - thats part of the reason why we are where we are and why we need extra financial backing, to plug the gap as our costs as a percentage are too high. Plus whoever agreed to the contract at Reading needs their head checked, as i want my Guinness money going to the club not Compass, the sooner we get out of that arrangement the better!

STH follow the club for many reasons. We follow as my son played for the amateur club in Sunbury for many years, we don't demand the team wins every week, its entertainment in good company, and like many others in west london happily travel the 1hr to Reading!

Btw - there is a ballot as I've been lucky twice in recent years

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Florida (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 20:34
Quote:
norg2072
They can't sell ST for £50 or whatever the moaning contingent want to pay, they have to have a multi year revenue plan and charge accordingly - thats part of the reason why we are where we are and why we need extra financial backing, to plug the gap as our costs as a percentage are too high. Plus whoever agreed to the contract at Reading needs their head checked, as i want my Guinness money going to the club not Compass, the sooner we get out of that arrangement the better!
STH follow the club for many reasons. We follow as my son played for the amateur club in Sunbury for many years, we don't demand the team wins every week, its entertainment in good company, and like many others in west london happily travel the 1hr to Reading!

Btw - there is a ballot as I've been lucky twice in recent years

Norg, the moaning contingent simply want value for money. Its simple economics, if you want to charge X amount more than your competitor then your product needs to be better. If not then you're relying on an attachment on different level, for instance with myself it's where my grandad is from * my sister is a quin. Also, a season ticket really should be relative to the league we're in. It's a damming state of affairs when I can get a season ticket for a premiership team for less than the price of one of our tickets.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 22:26
I travel about 300miles round trip to watch a home game, renewing my ST, does not matter if we are in the championship as we were poor last season, but hope springs eternal, you can make all the excuses for not renewing but you have to hope that good times are around the corner

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
GHA (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 07:12
Quote:
we need extra financial backing, to plug the gap as our costs as a percentage are too high

Any guarantee that this year's extra financial backing will be spent any better than it has been in the past?! winking smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 07:12 by GHA.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
waltham (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 16:56
At this juncture, it looks like we won't renew (might still change our minds!) . We'll buy individual match tickets for the games we most want to watch. We'll also continue sponsoring a player.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
aquacat2 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 09:58
After my initial reaction I've sit down and had a think about the ST offering and here are my thoughts [lirishfans.blogspot.co.uk]

Apologies for the click bait nature i think it's too long for a mb post! I'm summary Im waiting until I know the fixture dates due to lack of AFES discount and work shifts but I can understand the changes.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
18 May, 2018 10:13
We probably know more or less what is on offer, and it is not worth £300 or even £250. Having to pay for kids makes it much more expensive for me than last year. I will end up forking out £75 or whatever it is for Norah's season ticket and then it will be kids for a pound most games, which will leave me fuming.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 10:38
when we were relegated previously i didn't renew, so that's the plan, I went to 5 home games and 5 away games, not including the play offs.
Will probably go to more away games next season and less home games.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
harristocratt (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 11:05
I discussed not renewing with the lady wife.

Her view was that if the alternative to my renewing was me at home at weekends shouting at some sport or other on the television £300 was a small price to pay for peace and quiet.

So I will be renewing and probably going to quite a few away games.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
HMRH (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 07:20
Renewed - never in doubt. 7/8 form our group have or will do. Anyone added the Patron option?

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
norg2072 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 08:54
6 renewed, 1 new recruit and we will be going to most away games, especially Jersey which was a great weekend away - the island couldn't have made us more welcome!
We've not considered the Patron option.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
waltham (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 18:49
6 of us not renewing...emotionally a tough call for some.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 08:44
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.



Come on you Irish

Paul

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Bazzo (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 09:31
Quote:
paulm1953
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.

Do you mean in the Premiership?

Because they will win most games next season and I am sure that it will be entertaining.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
cjm. (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 10:51
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
paulm1953
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.

Do you mean in the Premiership?

Because they will win most games next season and I am sure that it will be entertaining.

Especially in rugby, the majority of supporters want to see top level. The drop off in interest below that is far greater than in football. Hence the Six Nations is must see TV for much of the country ( and the world ) but drop down to premiership and you are talking tens of thousands, championship a thousand if you are lucky. Way it is.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Shawshank (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 11:40
Renewed.

There's not a great deal else to do in winter afternoons, and apart from a couple of games I really enjoyed our season in the Championship, as we saw our team win every weekend which hadn't happened for many a long year.

To compare the LI ST prices with other Championship teams is also misleading - at most other grounds you may at best a wet and windy semi-covered narrow perch.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
Bazzo (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:04
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
paulm1953
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.

Do you mean in the Premiership?

Because they will win most games next season and I am sure that it will be entertaining.

Especially in rugby, the majority of supporters want to see top level. The drop off in interest below that is far greater than in football. Hence the Six Nations is must see TV for much of the country ( and the world ) but drop down to premiership and you are talking tens of thousands, championship a thousand if you are lucky. Way it is.

I actually prefer the Championship.

But it is clear that most want to be top end of the Premiership or they are not coming to watch. Way it is.

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
cjm. (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:14
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
paulm1953
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.

Do you mean in the Premiership?

Because they will win most games next season and I am sure that it will be entertaining.

Especially in rugby, the majority of supporters want to see top level. The drop off in interest below that is far greater than in football. Hence the Six Nations is must see TV for much of the country ( and the world ) but drop down to premiership and you are talking tens of thousands, championship a thousand if you are lucky. Way it is.

I actually prefer the Championship.

But it is clear that most want to be top end of the Premiership or they are not coming to watch. Way it is.

I suspect your old school! :-)

 
Re: 2018-2019 Season Tickets
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 18:54
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
paulm1953
Once LI discover the ability to entertain and win games then their fans (like we experiences during Brian Smith and Toby Booth's time) will return. It is not all about the price of the season ticket.

Do you mean in the Premiership?

Because they will win most games next season and I am sure that it will be entertaining.

I obviously was talking about the Premiership but I wrongly assumed that was obvious.

Don't get me wrong I look forward to us winning all of our Championship games (including the away game in Jersey). Hopefully some or most of these games will be won without the use of the rolling maul!!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?