rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tom Stephenson Signs
GHA (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 14:53
'Premiership Winner signs for Irish'

[www.london-irish.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 14:59 by GHA.

Re: Tom Stephenson Signs
GHA (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 14:58
Although the link doesn't seem to be working

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 15:00
Quote:
GHA
Although the link doesn't seem to be working

Server always breaks when more than 10 people try to view an article on there. Assume we went for the budget option on that front.

Anyway decent signing, fitness concerns aside

GHA (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 15:00
Anyway, hopefully the injury worries of the past couple of seasons are behind him. Looks a good prospect, hopefully the Northampton posters who commented about Myler are just as effusive in their praise...

GHA (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 15:04
As long as we spent the money we saved on the squad rather than marketing bods thinking up hashtags

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 15:16

peejay (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 07:48
Desperate headline, hope the writer does not have to use dating sites! Don't know much about this lad?

JohnI (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 21:55
Another good signing for you guys in young Stephenson. Had a couple of bad injuries early in his career but he’s beefed up a bit since then and should be a good prospect and shine in the Championship.
Myler on the other hand will be missed by lots of us at FG but he still has a few good years of top Rugby left in him and will be a key player for you next season I envisage.

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 12:29
Quote:
GHA
Anyway, hopefully the injury worries of the past couple of seasons are behind him. Looks a good prospect, hopefully the Northampton posters who commented about Myler are just as effusive in their praise...

Stephenson burst onto the scene at 19 and was good enough to make the bench for our successful premiership final in 2014. He broke his leg badly in a nasty freak incident a couple of years ago in pre-season games when looking really on form and likely to nail down a starting slot which was really rough on him. He's fast and a strong elusive runner, good hands. Defensively he's not a huge hitter, but effective and good at targeting the ball. Not a kicker or a spare 10/15, but he can play 12 & 13 and cover winger.

With a full season of starts, I wouldn't be surprised to see him holding down the shirt for Irish back in the Prem and other prem clubs interested. Think he mainly needs a fresh start & game time after a stop/start career and drifting in and out of the matchday 23 at Saints.

He has been getting bits of game time this season even though we had 4 internationals available most of the time at centre (Luther Burrell, Piers Francis (England), Rob Horne (Australia) and Nafi Tuitavake (Tonga)). Captained Northampton Wanderers to the Premiership A league title over Exeter Braves a few weeks ago.

Very good signing for you in my view.

HMRH (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:04
Thanks for the bio - let’s hope so!

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:11
Quote:
MarchingIn
Quote:
GHA

Stephenson burst onto the scene at 19 and was good enough to make the bench for our successful premiership final in 2014. He broke his leg badly in a nasty freak incident a couple of years ago in pre-season games when looking really on form and likely to nail down a starting slot which was really rough on him. He's fast and a strong elusive runner, good hands. Defensively he's not a huge hitter, but effective and good at targeting the ball. Not a kicker or a spare 10/15, but he can play 12 & 13 and cover winger.

With a full season of starts, I wouldn't be surprised to see him
holding down the shirt for Irish back in the Prem and other prem clubs interested. Think he mainly needs a fresh start & game time after a stop/start career and drifting in and out of the matchday 23 at Saints.

He has been getting bits of game time this season even though we had 4 internationals available most of the time at centre (Luther Burrell, Piers Francis (England), Rob Horne (Australia) and Nafi Tuitavake (Tonga)). Captained Northampton Wanderers to the Premiership A league title over Exeter Braves a few weeks ago.

Very good signing for you in my view.

Thanks for the information on this chap. I’m sure he will be a fit for the club. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do on the pitch.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net