rugbyunion
Latest News:

Big Dec now DoR
Griff (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:37
Offy

That's good news I reckon - I was worried about the "technical advisor" role. DoR seems more permanent. Good luck Mr Kidney!

Re: Big Dec now DoR
Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:41
says to me that he has run his rule over the club and thinks he can help/is willing to take on the challenge with the money provided him by the club

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:21
good appointment,

potentially why there hasn't been many more signings... budget has been spent grinning smiley

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:59
Surely the odd temporary title was more as a result of HR issues. Getting round being done for constructive dismissal of Kennedy ect? May be wrong though.

PV (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 16:50
With Les as coach I assume?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 17:02
Quote:
PV
With Les as coach I assume?

Heís head coach.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 17:04
Iím in your canp MW....... for me there were only ever two roles and Nick saw that and jumped rather than being undermined by having to report to Kidney while he and Kiss made all the calls

Donít seee what this changes K and Kís deals when they came in were long team and nothing has changed other than the label.....

Be interesting to see what the coaching set up looks like next year? Assume Kidney wonít need/want a Technical director (not to mention that we couldnít afford one!) and wonder how many additional coaches they will want?

Shame for me is that the Coventry situation left Nick promoted to quickly and fear me may look back on that and wonder at some point in the future

Shawshank (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 17:20
But there was always a role above NJK of Dr V as Technical Director...

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 17:38
It doesn't look like he will be buying a house in Reading judging by his eagerness to move to London asap

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

Finno (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 22:21
Watch....bet NJK becomes a sort of GM at Quins, leaving Gustard to take care of the playing side.

No inside view, just an opinion !

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 22:29
Shame for me is that the Coventry situation left Nick promoted to quickly and fear me may look back on that and wonder at some point in the future

My sentiments at the time, but what is done is done.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 22:37
Quote:
Finno
Watch....bet NJK becomes a sort of GM at Quins, leaving Gustard to take care of the playing side.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up in that role. Will be interesting to see how that model ends up working whoever gets the gig. Guess it's similar to the role Glenn took towards the end of his time with us.

PV (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 06:42
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Quote:
Finno

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up in that role. Will be interesting to see how that model ends up working whoever gets the gig. Guess it's similar to the role Glenn took towards the end of his time with us.

Itís been pretty heavily telegraphed in the press a few weeks back

Bazzo (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:28
Quote:
Jon_r43
Iím in your canp MW....... for me there were only ever two roles and Nick saw that and jumped rather than being undermined by having to report to Kidney while he and Kiss made all the calls
Donít seee what this changes K and Kís deals when they came in were long team and nothing has changed other than the label.....

Be interesting to see what the coaching set up looks like next year? Assume Kidney wonít need/want a Technical director (not to mention that we couldnít afford one!) and wonder how many additional coaches they will want?

I also would join that camp, just such a shame that we lost Kendo, for all the criticism of him for our results, he did get us promoted and had recent success in the Championship but more importantly, he took the lead when we needed him after Coventry left and I am not sure that loyalty has been shown to him. Also feel that losing Laidlaw for our year back in the Premiership was crucial.

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 18:10
💤 jeeez

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 18:14
Quote:
grumpy1960
💤 jeeez

That is a strong point you have made, backed with a sound reasoning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net