rugbyunion
Latest News:

Poll: OT: Weather forecast websites & apps
AlecW (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 18:20

Which sites / apps do you find most reliable at predicting the weather near you...?

BBC Weather
Weather Pro
Weather Channel
Metcheck
Met Office
Myweather2.com
Other (please specify)

You must be logged in to vote.

19 Votes

Show results

I find that they all disagree to a greater or lesser extent - and none gets it particularly accurate - even only 24 hours ahead.

Any recommendations...?

Re: Poll: OT: Weather forecast websites & apps
Steelman (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 19:00
Accuweather.com definitely provides better weather.you can have digital or if you like proper maps, pressures and fronts then that's the occlusion you should come to.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 19:39
AccuWeather +1 esp minutecast rain forecast

Florida (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 23:05
Darksky.net

Saz's old man (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 17:30
Many of us have stood around with different Weather apps and so often they differ...

wattshisname (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 20:58
Quote:
Saz's old man
Many of us have stood around with different Weather apps and so often they differ...

I have this mental picture of a group of blokes in the East Stand with shirts off / shorts on stood next to a bunch of mates carrying umbrellas and wearing overcoats (Sm142)

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 21:30
I have used the BBC app about once, most of the time I just wait for the day and look out the window

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 17:31
Don't they all source their info from the Met Office anyway? After that it's just interpretation. If you want Snowmageddon or Coo what a scorcher with little in between just buy the Daily Express!

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

Florida (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 22:14
Quote:
Shropshire Hugh
Don't they all source their info from the Met Office anyway? After that it's just interpretation. If you want Snowmageddon or Coo what a scorcher with little in between just buy the Daily Express!

Some do, many don't. As far I'm aware the met office isn't able to give you down to the minute forecasts, others can.

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:13
Accuweather is the best of the bunch i think but as a wiseman once said if you stick your head out of the window and its raining then expect bad weather !

Florida (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:29
Quote:
Lincs-Exile
Accuweather is the best of the bunch i think but as a wiseman once said if you stick your head out of the window and its raining then expect bad weather !

True, but if you're chained to a desk for most of the day and want to know if you should go for lunch now or push it back to avoid being caught in the rain, then some of these provide that level of forecast.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 07:04
From the Idi Amin Radio Broadcasts:

Quote:
And now here is the weather forecast. We've just been up on the Air Ministry roof and it's p!ss!ing down out there. Here ends the weather forecast.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 14:57
FB my point exactly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net