rugbyunion
Latest News:

A foreigner as coach & with an Ocker outlook
Muzza (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 22:38
In 2007 when Australia lost the plot at the RWC their CEO announced there would be a worldwide search for an international coach for the Wallabies (meaning the knee jerk reaction was that the current Ockers coaches weren’t good enough). In 2007 when New Zealand lost the plot at the RWC the NZR board decided to retain the failed RWC 2007 coach and his assistants because the answer maybe elsewhere.

The biggest mistake Australia rugby made was to get a Kiwi trained coach for the Wallabies. There were two reasons, firstly the way in which NZ and Australia play rugby is different, and secondly how could any Wallaby player take Deans serious in the dressing room when he said, “it time to @#$%& on these sheep f…….” You also have to wonder if the decision to chase Deans with a huge contract had a flow on effect to the next level of coaches because 5 years on from Deans departure their Super teams don’t seem right with the quality of coaching.

A foreigner will never coach the All Blacks ( I would bet on NZ immigration declining the working Visa) and for the life of me the same should apply for the traditional big 5 of France, South Africa, Australia (after their failed experiment) and England. I understand what Ireland is doing but they should look across to Wales as there a couple of 20 years old coaches here in NZ who are destined to become the Welsh coach post 2043 RWC.

I have heard the statement “it doesn’t matter where the coach comes from”. It maybe true for Canada or Japan or at times Ireland and Wales but really England?.

Re: A foreigner as coach & with an Ocker outlook
Shawshank (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 05:36
I’m having boiled eggs for breakfast, with a large mug of tea.

TSW22 (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 10:01
I don't own a lawnmower.

PV (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 11:34
I had crumpets, but left them for too long after toasting. Foolish, very foolish

Narbia (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 18:40
I used to own a bright blue bicycle. But over the years that colour faded somewhat. Sigh!

Just goes to show that time and tide wait for no man, ... or bicycle.

Muzza (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 19:59
Shawshank sorry to see how your life is going - if trolling is your highlight life must be negative. Your starting point is too automatically troll any message I post. My posting was rugby you reply was a standard troll.
As a Irish citizen and also a Kiwi Shawshank has won - that me gone as a London Irish supporter.
For those that knew me from that 96-03 period while living in London and supporting London Irish it was great to meet you & there where some great times/nights. But life is too short and my time too valuable to engage with trollers
Note - I the second one to retire from this board due to Shawshank trolling - as those will remember his ongoing negative replies to my good mate Steve S

Steelman (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 20:57
Not many of us left now, it's getting like one of those survival at sea in an open boat movies. Reckon I'll outlast Shawshank, I can eat anything and he needs boiled eggs.Muzzas just gone over the side...could have eat him...

cjm. (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 21:05
Quote:
Muzza
Shawshank sorry to see how your life is going - if trolling is your highlight life must be negative. Your starting point is too automatically troll any message I post. My posting was rugby you reply was a standard troll.
As a Irish citizen and also a Kiwi Shawshank has won - that me gone as a London Irish supporter.
For those that knew me from that 96-03 period while living in London and supporting London Irish it was great to meet you & there where some great times/nights. But life is too short and my time too valuable to engage with trollers
Note - I the second one to retire from this board due to Shawshank trolling - as those will remember his ongoing negative replies to my good mate Steve S

And that ladies and gentleman is top quality flouncing.

Jeez, it's a championship side's unofficial message board in the off season. No-one's here for earnest, rugby chat at the best of times.

PS SteveS could be a right @#$%& at times on this board.

PV (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 21:18
Indeed. What a load of @#$%&

GHA (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 08:32
(Sm119)

cjm. (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 08:41
(Sm83)

Shawshank (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 12:43
Muzza old chap, not trolling - it's just that your posting (as always) tediously extolled the virtues of the Great God Silver Fern and disparages (as always) everything to do with English Rugby.

I didn't realise that you had left these shores in 2003 - surely us winning RWC then wasn't so hard for you to take was it old fella...?

BTW - SteveS I think would be surprised at your mollycoddling him - indeed, he still does come on here occasionally - I don't think he would leave 'cos of our banter.

If you can't take some humour at your expense then stay off message-boards.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 13:28
Quote:
Shawshank
Muzza old chap, not trolling - it's just that your posting (as always) tediously extolled the virtues of the Great God Silver Fern and disparages (as always) everything to do with English Rugby.
I didn't realise that you had left these shores in 2003 - surely us winning RWC then wasn't so hard for you to take was it old fella...?

BTW - SteveS I think would be surprised at your mollycoddling him - indeed, he still does come on here occasionally - I don't think he would leave 'cos of our banter.

If you can't take some humour at your expense then stay off message-boards.

I'm having soup for lunch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net