rugbyunion
Latest News:

Easter leaves quins
norg2072 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 06:49
Nick Easter is the latest to leave Quins, I wonder what the odds are for Irish to swap places with them next season!

Re: Easter leaves quins
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 07:14
The jobs for boys attitude is what got them in to this mess. All the changes are being made to ensure they don’t swap with us.

PV (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 07:28
Most of their lot reckon he did a poor job....

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 08:34
Recruiting a player straight from retirement brings you absolutely nothing new. He only knows what he learnt at the club. Send them away for a while (much like O’Gara is doing) and let them better themselves

GHA (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 10:24
Quote:
jimbo800
Recruiting a player straight from retirement brings you absolutely nothing new. He only knows what he learnt at the club. Send them away for a while (much like O’Gara is doing) and let them better themselves

Careful there Jimbo winking smiley

Luton Irish (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 14:30
Haven't we been there before?🤔

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 14:38
Quote:
jimbo800

(Sm159)

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 17:45
My comment wasn’t a dig at our own set up (even though it applies in some instances). It was a general thought that rugby loves to keep the old boys around. Leo Cullen was having little success until he got help, same as Foley at Munster. As rugby becomes more business minded I think we’ll see less of these sentimental hires

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 03:25
Quote:
norg2072
Nick Easter is the latest to leave Quins, I wonder what the odds are for Irish to swap places with them next season!

This news will have made that less likely to happen. Great player, been a shocking coach for us.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 07:44
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
norg2072

This news will have made that less likely to happen. Great player, been a shocking coach for us.

Don't really have much thoughts on Easter leaving, I am sure that Quins are making moves to improve on last season, can't see them being anything other than a top half team with the squad that they have, our old boy Mr Gustard will improve them.

Same old, same old in the relegation struggle for me, Bristol Bears money should keep them up this time as they have bought some great talent but I still see them and Warriors being the two who will battle it out for the drop.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 07:58
Bristol have gone all in this time. Problem is, how do you make so many players gel. It was mentioned that the sheer number of Southern Hemisphere players he’s recruited become a challenge in itself. They’re used to playing a style of rugby that doesn’t always work in England. Will they all have the stomach for the dogfight given that there will be plenty of them over for the cash? It’ll make for a good season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net