rugbyunion
Latest News:

Paul Lasike
Florida (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 07:21
Apparently we've got our eye on the hulking ex-NFL and current Eagles centre partner of Bryce Campbell. I'd be pretty happy with that, he looked great against Scotland

Re: Paul Lasike
MattM (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 08:34
I believe he is off to Quins...

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

SirBurger (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 08:41
Quote:
Florida
Apparently we've got our eye on the hulking ex-NFL and current Eagles centre partner of Bryce Campbell. I'd be pretty happy with that, he looked great against Scotland

Where did you hear this? I also thought he was off to Quins. We are pretty well stocked in the centres, although this guy is a bit of a beast so wouldn't say no!

Seamus O'Rielly (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 11:24
The Quins board seem to think he hasn't signed for them.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 12:19
Quote:
SirBurger
Quote:
Florida

Where did you hear this? I also thought he was off to Quins. We are pretty well stocked in the centres, although this guy is a bit of a beast so wouldn't say no!

Random site when checking rugby news, I'm wondering if they simply trawled Twitter

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 12:24
Can't see us signing another centre without one leaving, unless Fowlie or Stephenson are expected to play wing all season. Would also be a potential bottleneck if we get promoted having three non Kolpak players in a single position

SirBurger (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 13:01
Last year of Hearn's contract no?

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 15:50
Probably. Hearn was on a trial/til end of season contract in our first relegation season and got a one-year contract for last Championship season. Not sure if they said how long his current one is for.

Personally I think keeping Ross Neal would have been better long term but Hearn impressed in the home final leg

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 16:16
I think we'll regret letting Ross Neal go

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 17:21
Neal was an odd one. Started that last season with us getting first team gametime on the wing and looking okay, but it seemed to fizzle out and he was shipped out on loan. Certainly looked very good for Scottish and will be interesting to see if that translates to any proper gametime for Wasps.

ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 19:29
I've watched Lasike a lot, he's a monster and improved markedly each game for Utah Warriors. Had a pretty decent highlight reel from the Scotland win: [www.rugbypass.com]

Florida (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 19:54
Where's PV? They generally seem pretty knowledgeable about transfers.

PV (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 21:17
Not sighted on this one, but that genuinely means nothing.

Personally think we need a centre uograde regardless of numbers.

Did Hearn even play last year?

plzd (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 10:09
Good player but would he want to play in the Championship?
Unless he gets offered huge money I think it unlikely

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 14:19
For Anyone interested there’s a nice Twitter row brewing over who is right on the transfer story

Neil Fissler is very protective of his stories and doesn’t like other people to circulate them without credit, fair enough.

His view is that there is no change to the move to Quins

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 14:24
Now been announced as quins

On a slightly separate note, with our lack of wingers this year surely it would make sense to sign jeff hassler who is currently without a club but a very useful player.

Florida (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 15:07
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Now been announced as quins
On a slightly separate note, with our lack of wingers this year surely it would make sense to sign jeff hassler who is currently without a club but a very useful player.

He's currently on trial with Quins (Hassler that is)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 15:07 by Florida.

ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 22:46
Quote:
HMRH
For Anyone interested there’s a nice Twitter row brewing over who is right on the transfer story
Neil Fissler is very protective of his stories and doesn’t like other people to circulate them without credit, fair enough.

His view is that there is no change to the move to Quins

He wasn’t even the one to break it, it was flagged up on reddit/r/MLRugby first, with some fairly simple deductions leading Quins the likely destination, then two days later the journos ‘broke’ it. Pathetic that anyone got in a spat over it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net