rugbyunion
Latest News:

Members Day
Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 10:32
Me and Sharon will be there who else will we see?

Re: Members Day
RodB (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 11:08
Me

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:22
Me + 1

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

aquacat2 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 20:22
Can't go myself as I'm in Scotland, will someone update on the new shirt etc.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:24
Me

Griff (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:52
We're looking for someone to do a brief write-up for the site if anyone fancies it?

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 22:03
Quote:
Griff
We're looking for someone to do a brief write-up for the site if anyone fancies it?

Ssshhhhwwwshshsh tumble weed shshshwwwshsh

Dermot66 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:31
A decent crowd.
A few hundred season ticket members.
Video of the academy, future looks good.

PV (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:36
Anything about squad, any new signings, way they intend to play etc?

Shawshank (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 17:55
New players were presented and gave a brief intro. Generally a bit nervous, Pat Cilliers seems a bit if a character.

Les Kiss then gave a short summary of values etc. Sounded good, but obviously TC talked a good game initially...

He did say that pre-season had been very tough, trying to replicate premiership standards.

Most interesting was a talk from the Academy Manager - he came across well, and was informative about the Academy set up from 13 years to 20+.

Short videos of some academy play from last season - we have got an amazingly skilful full back playing in the U16ís. Sign him up now...! (Sm151)

Florida (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:06
Any sign of Ransom

RodB (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:13
Yes, I thought I saw him there

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:15
Ransom wasnít there.

Then again a few other players were missing: big trev, Reid, Meehan, Steele, Bell

RodB (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:30
Don't know who I confused him with then 😞😞

Florida (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 20:01
Quote:
RodB
Don't know who I confused him with then 😞😞

Maybe Arthur G?

smithy75 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 20:12
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Ransom wasnít there.
Then again a few other players were missing: big trev, Reid, Meehan, Steele, Bell

Saw Meehan there, Steele is in Scotland thatís why he wasnít there

Sore Doc (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:58
Not a terrific experience for us yesterday and that barbecue has to go down as the poorest effort ever.

For us it was a waste of seven hours and several litres of unleaded!

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 08:51
Quote:
Sore Doc
Not a terrific experience for us yesterday and that barbecue has to go down as the poorest effort ever.
For us it was a waste of seven hours and several litres of unleaded!

Yes, I agree. The didnít seem as organised as other years. Why cram everyone into the building to see the new players when they could have done it outside. The people in the back couldnít hear what was said as the speaker wasnít working. Some bloke from the club came up to my table to apologise. They should have done it outside.

I found the player were less approachable this time and stuck to their groups rather than mingleing.

The bbq was a disaster, no salad to go with the burger/hotdog.

No treasure hunt for the kids as advertised.

DannyBoy (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 10:46
My kids did the treasure hunt. Entry forms were at the front door beside the collection desk accompanied by a bunch of balloons

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 10:48
Quote:
DannyBoy
My kids did the treasure hunt. Entry forms were at the front door beside the collection desk accompanied by a bunch of balloons

I was there before that was set up then as it wasnít there when I got there.

Iím suprised you wasnít in Jersey watching Quins.

DannyBoy (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 11:19
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
DannyBoy

We arrived about 12.05

Why would I be doing that?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 13:14
Quote:
DannyBoy
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
DannyBoy

We arrived about 12.05

Why would I be doing that?

Thatís what Quins fans do.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 22:18
Anymore rugby news from the players besides stories of treasure hunts?

Is everyone fit? Was Nalaga there?

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 22:40
no he was not but Petrus said he should be ready about the Coventry game, mike Coman said he hopes to be back before Xmas, also spoke to most of the new lads and are looking forward to the start cannot wait most of them said. There is a new look Blair hair no longer long, going for the stream line look but very seventies tash. found it easy to talk to all the players whether they were in groups or not.

NMB (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 08:41
Re Nalaga - is that the Coventry game as in the end of the month? If so that's good news and earlier than I expected. It might explain the lack of another wing signing.

Although saying that I would be concerned about his match fitness give he came to us with some fitness issues and has been away for so long

Bazzo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 10:06
Quote:
Derby Irish Fan
no he was not but Petrus said he should be ready about the Coventry game, mike Coman said he hopes to be back before Xmas, also spoke to most of the new lads and are looking forward to the start cannot wait most of them said. There is a new look Blair hair no longer long, going for the stream line look but very seventies tash. found it easy to talk to all the players whether they were in groups or not.

Thanks Derby, Coman has had a bad injury there, can see why we got some back row cover in, Gilsenan should be good this year too and Rogerson/Ioane added to Blair, Trev as well as McNally. Curtis-Harris hopefully stepping up. Back row looks strong.

Really good news that Nalaga is coming back sooner than expected, he will only get match fit by playing and I think he would be a big weapon in this league.

Glad that the players were easy to talk to as well.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 10:15
Who was the player with NN on his shorts if it wasn't Nalaga?

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 10:27
Brilliant to have nalaga back earlier than expected as I was worried about our wing depth if he wasn't back till Christmas
Disappointing for coman however as he's such a great leader in the team and I would have loved to have him for the ealing match, I would probably go with mcnally at 6 now

Shawshank (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 10:57
Yep, pretty sure I also saw NN there

No announcement of Capt, but assume that FVDM will carry on

Other main option would be Smyler?

PV (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 11:17
Nalaga, if we can get him fit, at 32, he may have a couple of decent playing years left and he would be a sizeable difference in the Championship

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 11:22
Quote:
Shawshank
Yep, pretty sure I also saw NN there
No announcement of Capt, but assume that FVDM will carry on

Other main option would be Smyler?

Franco would get my vote with mcnally as vice captain

SirBurger (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 11:32
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Brilliant to have nalaga back earlier than expected as I was worried about our wing depth if he wasn't back till Christmas
Disappointing for coman however as he's such a great leader in the team and I would have loved to have him for the ealing match, I would probably go with mcnally at 6 now

Would also be tempted by McNally at six given our strong options at lock. However, TJ will also be considered in this role I am sure. It depends on the balance of the rest of the back-row I suppose. I would be delighted if either Rogerson or Curtis-Harris could make a claim for the 8 shirt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net