rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quins Premier Shield Tonight
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 12:37
Chawatama, Saulo, Hobbs-Awoyemi and Cooke all playing A League for Quins tonight.

KO 19.45 on Freesports

Freeview channel 95
Sky channel 422
Virgin media channel 553

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 14:37 by Margin_Walker.

Re: Quins Premier Shield Tonight
Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 14:14
Thanks for the tv details MW.

Interesting to see that Lovejoy is starting at loosehead alongside Saulo with DHA on the bench. Useful for utility cover in a squad to have players like him and Cilliers who can play both sides

RodB (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 14:33
Thanks for the heads up. Quick correction. I think it's Ch 422 for SKY .

10 September, 2018 14:36
Ah cheers RodB. Just went off a post on the Quins forum, so will blame them

M51 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 17:00
Do Irish and Quins have a prearranged player loan scheme for 'A' league games.

10 September, 2018 17:06
Assume it's a mutually beneficial informal arrangement. We've got senior squad players kicking their heels needing gametime with no 'A' competition and they need a few gaps filled in theirs.

In the past A League games were often cancelled due to a lack of available front rows. Given the increased exposure this year (TV coverage etc), assume clubs will work a little harder to make sure they aren't called off.

M51 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 17:45
Thanks for the update.
Michael

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 19:18
This is excellent news, just heading home and very excited for a bit of Monday night rugby.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 19:44
Commentators are pretty dire, but it's free to air rugby so you can put up with it

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 20:23
At least the commentators are better than Stuart Barnes or Dewey Morris that is properly dire

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 20:45
Great to see DHA back on the pitch looking good so far

10 September, 2018 20:49
Yeah, Danny looked good last week and has picked up where he left off. Very sharp

Looks pretty much ready to go as far as first team rugby goes. Will be interesting to see how the coaches see the pecking order at LH with everyone fit.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 20:50
Saulo off, Cooke on.. not swapping, another Quins player on for saulo and one off for Cooke.

Saulo is an interesting one, personally I'm thinking he's carrying a little too much weight. From a standing start he's awesome, which some times you need, but on the flip side he didn't seem to do anything at pace. Lose a few pounds, get a bit fitter and he could be devestating.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 20:53
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Yeah, Danny looked good last week and has picked up where he left off. Very sharp
Looks pretty much ready to go as far as first team rugby goes. Will be interesting to see how the coaches see the pecking order at LH with everyone fit.

If our front row weren't currently ripping everyone to pieces I'd be starting DHA. Would probably put him on the bench, which might be a bit unfair on Elrington

10 September, 2018 20:56
Cooke with four or five good tackles there in a few minutes. Very rarely misses

Agree on Saulo. Looks way off the pace for me as far as first team rugby goes

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 21:03
Cooke I see as our eventual replacement to Coman, he'll tackle anything that moves. He punches well above his weight right now, hopefully he'll continue to do so.

Hopefully they'll point saulo to our training facilities and he can get in a bit of shape

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 22:26
According to the Quins feed, DHA scored tonight

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 22:36
Quote:
jimbo800
According to the Quins feed, DHA scored tonight

He did, quick ball to the left, he's running onto it from a few metres out, catches it about the 5m line, 2 Bristol players defending his drive, makes a few metres, right up to the line, Quins 6 adds his weight to push him over as another Bristol player attempts to defend.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 22:50
He was just making that shirt his when he got the injury. I hope he gets back to his best. He was very good with ball in hand. A fairly quick prop when he got going. I don’t want him to end up like smallbone

Florida (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 23:05
Quote:
jimbo800
He was just making that shirt his when he got the injury. I hope he gets back to his best. He was very good with ball in hand. A fairly quick prop when he got going. I don’t want him to end up like smallbone

Judging from his 20 minutes tonight, he's looking in good shape. Lovejoy looked pretty good too, taller than I thought he was, yet when he gets ball in hand he seems to compact a bit and clatters through people

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 06:53
I went to both these games, with nothing other than watching our guys comebacks in mind. I’m Not sure what you guys are seeing but for me, Manasu is nowhere near fit or the sort of player we need in the modern game sorry .
DHA as said above was really looking good before the injury ... but again , after such a break , is nowhere near fitness required. I spend the evening watching how quick these guys are getting off the ground when the cameras are watching the game 50m away ...... they are not match fit!!!
However, despite only having 20 min cameos Jack Cooke is a real engine .... that boy loves a tackle, and is a real live wire around the park!

M51 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 15:12
I thought Jack Cooke the best of the bunch, good speed, hard working and still only 20. Lets hope we can bring him on and keep him.

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 22:16
Nice to watch our "guests" play live on telly. Reminded me of trips to Sunbury of a Monday night; when you can actually hear what the players are saying from the stands.

Who needs drums, announcers, loud music and razamataz when the real excitement is on the pitch?

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 23:04
Custard Custard custard

Steelman (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 06:08
Quote:
Jonny_C
Nice to watch our "guests" play live on telly. Reminded me of trips to Sunbury of a Monday night; when you can actually hear what the players are saying from the stands.
Who needs drums, announcers, loud music and razamataz when the real excitement is on the pitch?

As long as we,re allowed some beer, then ,absolutely....(Sm128)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net