rugbyunion
Latest News:

Scottish away
HMRH (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 10:38
They beat Bedford at the weekend so I hope our current malaise is resolved by Sunday. Also assuming at least a 1000 LI supporters will be there to back up the plans to move back to London.

Re: Scottish away
Narbia (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 11:43
They beat Bedford away. Beat Jersey, and ran Ealing very close. I'm expecting a decent game, nowhere as one sided as 2 years ago.

Hope the weather holds, as I'll be there too. Sadly not as one of the Brentford 10,000.

Good to see some ex LI boys giving it a go.

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2018 11:45 by Narbia.

Old-nick (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 11:46
I will be there but travelling from Reading!

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 22:02
Was considering not making the trip from Derby but looks like me and Sharon will becoming now

dooj106 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 10:25
Sky are showing this one so might have to watch it on the box

exile99 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 15:03
Iíll be there with a few others. Travelling from near Reading.
Itís easier to get to than Brentford

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 15:46
Sky website say it is on Sky Action but the planner says that the game is the Rugby Championship South Africa v New Zealand. Is it on anyone?

Helps if you look on the right day!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2018 15:48 by fatlad76.

Cill Dara (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 16:24
Sat 6th October, South Africa 16:05 New Zealand; Sports Main Event (15:30) Sky Sports Action

Sun 7th October, London Scottish 15:00 London Irish; Sky Sports Action (14:45)

Prisco stripe Hibernico

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 18:29
I imagine all the people from London donít post here so thereíll be loads - see yíall there

PV (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 07:09
London dweller. Will be there

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:12
Gilsenan our warming up so assume a change in the line up and/or bench

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:26
No he isnít playing but Atkins B replaces D Porecki

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:43
Parton 0-5 good start by Irish

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:47
Scores level Scottish go forward from Irish knoxknob Nd poor tackling gets them close and Scots power through after a few phases 7-7

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:51
Good hands - Macken scores pre conversion itís 7-12

Florida (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:03
LS lineout on their 5m, we steal, Dice scores and Myler converts

7-21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 15:04 by Florida.

Florida (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:12
The Italian international gets the bonus point.

10-28.

29 mins on the clock. LS twitter feed stating Meehan and Myler controlling the game, our own feed singing Mylers plaudits

Florida (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:25
Irish end the half with a try from Rogerson, Myler converts

10-35

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:27
Check out @LSFCOfficialís Tweet: [twitter.com]

Sounds like the Brentford hoarded did turn out!

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:31
*hoardes

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:42
Accomplished performance and a step in the right direction. Rogerson fantastic again, as was McNally. Myler also controlled things very well. If they had all stayed on for the full 80 then it may have been an even bigger score. Not a bad idea to give them all a rest though.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:45
Great game guys...well done

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:47
Easy win and never in doubt -I don hoardes? 2321 attendance of which at least some were LS supporters so on balance Iíd say then masses from the capital didnít make it

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:11
Followed the game on LI twitter seems we have followed all the experts advice and put at least 40 minutes together followed by a fallow 40 minutes but who's complaining with a result like that except for the people who still don't like the idea of moving back to London.Hoping this sets the tone for the rest of the season.Brizz got stuffed by Worcester, still a great shift by the lads in Green.
COYI

JamesC (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:52
Top result and in touch with the top where a try BP win will put us where we need to be.

When is the last time a team scored 8 tries by 8 different players ?

Saint Robert (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:30
Can we have Myler back please!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:32
That was a decent performance and definitely what was required. A few things to work on here and there, but the basics were all there. No one really let the side down.

Could pick out lots of players who put in decent performances (Rogerson probably the pick for me, despite coming off pretty early), but a shout out to Ben Atkins making his league debut in the front row at 18.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:34
Quote:
Saint Robert

He's been a superb acquisition. Obviously playing a level below the GP, but looks to have plenty of miles left in the tank.

Xprop (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:03
Quote:
Saint Robert

No chance!

Bazzo (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:06
How many of the 2,300 were Li supporters? That would be double what Scots get normally.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:45
Yep decent performance but feel there's lots more still to come. Thought everyone had a pretty good game but standouts to me in the pack were Cilliers and rogerson. I also thought the half backs were outstanding

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:59
Majority of the crowd LI but hardly the mythical London Hoardes.

Parton looked sharp at the back and de Chaves
In the thick of it from the start

Bazzo (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:06
Quote:
HMRH
Majority of the crowd LI but hardly the mythical London Hoardes.

You said at the start that you would expect at least a 1000 Li supporters there to back the planned move back to London, there seemed to be more than that on TV?

Florida (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 21:25
Quote:
HMRH

Just seen a couple of tries in the match reaction on twitter. Parton looked awesome. His offload for Macken's try was a thing of beauty. Nice bit of power shown by Dice to find his way to the try line with the Scottish players clinging to him.

Finno (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 22:39
Quote:
HMRH
Easy win and never in doubt -I don hoardes? 2321 attendance of which at least some were LS supporters so on balance Iíd say then masses from the capital didnít make it

There were a hell of a lot Irish accents wearing something green (Irish shirts, scarves etc). Obviously not regular LI supporters. Perhaps the Reading 4 absences contributed to misleading attendance figures!

HMRH (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 04:54
Bazzo- thatís a fair call i did indeed and yes there well over a thousand LI there and maybe many were from London.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 08:46
I actually think that over a thousand supporters for a one off (being in Richmond/london) second tier match is actually quite promising. Fair play to all those who went and if lots of newcomers went along hopefully they liked what they saw.

Irish dominant throughout, had the starting 15 stayed on longer the score would have been closer or exceeded the drubbing two season ago. That performance is the benchmark to go forward. Rogerson is immense, Blair everywhere, parton such a classy runner, Macken is a proper incisive centre too. Great match and onward and upwards.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 09:56
I can't say we've ever struggled for support in our away games in london, I thought that we gave a good account of ourselves at Ealing, supporting wise.
What a difference a week is in rugby, when you consider the Coventry result on Saturday

MaŮoexile (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 09:15
Ruckingood, there is no Vimeo Match Video this week?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net