rugbyunion
Latest News:

Petrus to Glasgow
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 10:59
With immediate effect.

Makes sense really. 5 senior tightheads always seemed like one too many and we could probably do with a few quid off the wage bill. good luck to him

[www.london-irish.com]

Re: Petrus to Glasgow
Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:22
He has been very disappointing during his time at Irish.

A 2 time Premiership / European cup winner and couldn't even get himself fit last season.

Can almost guarantee he was one of the top paid players in the squad also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 11:23 by Ajax Treesdown.

thenugget45 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:26
agreed, he's hardly one for the future either.

Let the younger guys get their 1st team experience this year

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:38
I'm sure his experience and knowledge has helped a great deal with bringing on younger talent, however he never really made the impact it was hoped. All the best in glasgow, would love to see some players like Austin Hay and Brandon Baker get some game time in the cup matches.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:43
I think he was a real asset off the pitch and also thought he got stronger as last season went on. However, he is quite clearly 3rd choice now and as has been suggested probably being paid a fair whack. Best to let him go and develop the youngsters.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:54
It looked to me at Ealing, Cov, home games that he was coaching the scrum or definitely had some input, good bit of business but he wasn't that much of a Sa as some would think

dooj106 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 11:58
The BBC have him going to Glasgow as injury cover until the end of the season as opposed to gone permanently...good quality journalism as always!!

waltham (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 12:24
"released from his contract" = gone and not on loan IMO

Shawshank (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 17:04
He was basically a tub of lard last season.

Good riddance.

AlecW (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 18:33
Jay-SUSSS, Shankers: will you please make it clear what you really think...?

(Sm113)

Narbia (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 19:03
Quote:
SirBurger
I think he was a real asset off the pitch and also thought he got stronger as last season went on. However, he is quite clearly 3rd choice now and as has been suggested probably being paid a fair whack. Best to let him go and develop the youngsters.

Agree with this.^^

According to the Glasgow offie : ......

Quote:
PdP
Itís exciting that my first game could be against my former club Saracens - you couldnít write the script if you tried!

(Sm6)

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 19:03 by Narbia.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 06:45
According to the Sarries board, they wanted him on loan to cover while Vincent Koch unexpectedly playing for South Africa during a prop shortage. We declined but allowed him to play for their A league side. He then ironically has gone to Glasgow for the season with the first game being against Sarries!

PV (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:43
Maybe had something to do with Cowan loan or Lewington deal, pure conjecture of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net