rugbyunion
Latest News:

England squad
HMRH (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 15:22
No Cipriani as Jones playing farrell at 10 with Ford as back up or usual Ford Farrell 10 and 12?

Re: England squad
LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 16:36
A bit disappointed that Cipriani was not included, I know Ford is a good player but Cipriani offers just that bit more and pushes players around him, I think it's more than a dissapline problem and more of a clash with Farrell.

Florida (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 17:21
Quote:
LI Bohemian
A bit disappointed that Cipriani was not included, I know Ford is a good player but Cipriani offers just that bit more and pushes players around him, I think it's more than a dissapline problem and more of a clash with Farrell.

What makes you feel it's a clash with Farrell?

To be honest, the best thing to happen to Cips is to be nowhere near this side. It's a cobbled together front row, we're down to what 4th / 5th choice? And a make shift backrow. It's going to be backdoor ball for the half backs for most of the series.

RodB (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 17:58
Bring your boots, you'll get a game !

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 08:39
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
LI Bohemian

What makes you feel it's a clash with Farrell?

To be honest, the best thing to happen to Cips is to be nowhere near this side. It's a cobbled together front row, we're down to what 4th / 5th choice? And a make shift backrow. It's going to be backdoor ball for the half backs for most of the series.

I think that Eddie doesn't like any mavericks in his teams, to keep a good team ethic and take the spot light off the team and on to him (something he really likes) the only Sheriff in the back line is Farrell, and his reaction to the audacious kick through by Cipriani, to Jonny May spoke volumes about what Farrell thinks of Cipriani, he is just not his type of player or person, but that is my take on what I've noticed and could be miles from the truth.
If you had a chance to play again for your country (just before a world cup) you would, even if it means turning down a lucrative pay day in france, if you can make the difference behind a third choice pack then imagine what might happen with an armchair ride.
Saying that I understand your view, it is the same as mine but we're not professional rugby players with international ambitions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net