Then Donny scores(Sm103)

Re: ht don v li
Horticbm (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:53
Poor abysmal rugby here

Heaf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:56
No scores from LI in 2nd half - what happened?

HMRH (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:05
Win and Bp so job done but that sounded tight!

Heaf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:08
Living dangerously ...

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 16:52
Very poor referee wouldnt have him ref an under 11s match didnt seem to know much about the rules around a maul or how to penalise Both sides and not just the home team.Still we seemed to switch off in the second half otherwise i could have seen another big score coming up but a 5 pointer in the bag.
COYI

SixNineOne (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 17:18
I didn't have the time to travel up to Doncaster to see today's game - judging by the reports of the second half that was probably a wise decision. Instead, I went along to the Athletic Ground to see Richmond v Nottingham, a very close match until the last quarter when Nottingham won the day with two late tries. But to echo Lincs-Exile's comments, I was struck by the poor standard of refereeing throughout the game. The offside line was erratically policed, diving into rucks from all angles seemed to be generally acceptable and I counted at least 10 clearly high tackles that were ignored. It was clear that the players spotted this too, as the breakdown play and tackling became progressively more illegal throughout the second half. We hear a lot about World Rugby's and, presumably, the RFU's desire to stamp out high tackles. Isn't it about time they got all their referees to enforce this edict and not just the top premiership refs?

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 18:29
This seems to be a common thing so far in this League, it seems the only high tackles that are pinged is when decapitation takes place, not including the official at home to Bedford who took acception to most hard tackles, specially towards the end of the game, think he was tiring then.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 21:03
All went a bit wrong in the second half there. I guess we got the job done, but there will be some tougher challenges to come.

Mulchrone was having a great game. Assume he went off injured at HT as he was hobbling a bit. Loaders's try was a cracker from nothing. Defence was good for most of the game and the set piece went well.

On the negative side, Meehan's having a great season, but he's a 9. Hopefully nothing seriously wrong with Myler. Nothing worked offensively second half (lots of forward passes/general mix ups). Parton had to be helped from the field in the closing stages. Hopefully nothing too serious, but didn't look great.

HMRH (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 04:43
2 big games coming up before we presumably mix things up going into the cup. Cornish have been going well and hopefully we see Myler back for that

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 09:30
I'm more worried about jersey away to be honest. We know how hard it is to win down there and they seem to be hitting some form at the moment

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 09:38
Given that Ealing keep winning, weíre still playing catch up, a loss and itíll be a bigger challenge to finally get above them. Itís no accident that they put Ealing and Irish first/last games of the season. While the quality of some teams has gone up in the championship, the others have dropped in quality which means there are far less close games for teams to lose points against. We didnít manage bonus points in two games, as a result we are second, even with a far superior points difference.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 10:27
I thought we were second because Ealing have played one more game than us. Pretty sure by new year's day we will be 10 points clear at the top of the Championship.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 10:51
They have played an extra game but as with most sports, itís better to have the points than the game in hand. In regards to the teams around us, Ealing and pirates wonít lose many, and given our last outing (albeit minus a fly half), there could be a potential banana skin in the pirates and jersey games. With bonus points, weíve dropped two already and if we drop another two over the next couple of months, thatís effectively the same as us losing a game or Ealing gaining a win.

Heaf (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:26
Quote:
paulm1953
I thought we were second because Ealing have played one more game than us. Pretty sure by new year's day we will be 10 points clear at the top of the Championship.

Even if we get 5 in Jersey - and that's a big if - we'd still only be 3 clear of Ealing

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:59
Not many sides have the ability to rotate their squad on a weekly basis allowing players to stay fresh. The cup competition will take its toll on teams whilst we will be able to rest the majority of our "stars'
Let's just focus on what we can do and not worry about ealing

simo112 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 15:34
Also Pirates have now lost 3 games out of their last 4 so they are not on great form

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2018 15:35 by simo112.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net