rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tom parton
Smudge21 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 12:03
Unfortunately we won't be seeing Tom for a while, he's stated on Twitter that he requires an operation on the injury sustained last week. Really unfortunate.

Re: Tom parton
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 12:06
Will delete my thread...

Hope it's not too long as he was really starting to settle in and was refreshing to have an attacking threat at FB.

Guessing either Tonks back in at 15 or Loader switching there at the weekend

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 12:19
Oh Christ not Tonks, please!

Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 12:59
That's a real blow, both for poor Tom and also the team.

I'd like to see Jacob Atkins slot in at 15 (esp if Smyler is still injured and Meehan plays at 10), as he is also a good goal kicker.

25 October, 2018 13:16
I'd personally be inclined to give Atkins a go at 10 if Myler is unavailable still. He's done okay with LS and Bedford when he's had the chance and his kicking from the tee is right up there with Myler/Bell.

Would give Meehan the chance back at 9 where he's been fantastic this season.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 13:17
I fear they will go with tonks unfortunately
I know loaders played a fair amount there and that would ensure we still have an attacking presence at full back

RodB (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 13:22
McLean or Nalaga on the wing and Topsy to fullback? Preferably not Tonks.......

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 13:49
i mean tonks had one bad game at the very start of the season away at our closest rivals, feel we might be being a bit harsh by banning him from the squad entirely.

That being said I would love a nalaga, loader ojo back three.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 14:00
Iím not judging him on one game, never rated him.

Steelman (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 14:19
Luke McLean at fullback,Topsy and Loader on the wings,and Smyler,even if he's limping,for the first half,by which time the match will be in the bag.

HMRH (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 14:49
Happy with Tonks at FB - then two of Ojo, Loader and Nalaga if heís fit.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 16:10
Judging by all the media hype, ojo will certainly be starting as he will be regaining his record from paicey this week. Surely Loader plays too following last week's try

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 16:38
It will probably be Topsy Loader and McLean at FB, hopefully Nalaga on the bench.
I always think that Tonks is a bit of a choker under pressure and has never learnt to deal with it.

Florida (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 17:32
I'd plump for McLean at fullback, not a fan of Tonks or Ojo at fullback. Hoping we'll have a 10 playing this week.

@Shawshank (or anyone else) has Atkins played much at fullback? I've only really seen him at 10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 17:34 by Florida.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 19:07
Quote:
Florida
I'd plump for McLean at fullback, not a fan of Tonks or Ojo at fullback. Hoping we'll have a 10 playing this week.
@Shawshank (or anyone else) has Atkins played much at fullback? I've only really seen him at 10

Not sure but thought Atkins did 10 mins at the end of the match last Saturday but can't recall him ever playing there previously.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 19:55
I personally would go with Tonks at FB, his kicking from the tee is way better then Meehans, but hoping Myler is back at 10 for the boot.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

NMB (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 20:48
Is Bell due back soon do we know?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 21:05
Quote:
NMB
Is Bell due back soon do we know?

After Christmas

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

JamesC (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 08:12
Looking forward to Tom playing at 12 or 13 at some point so he can be a centre Parton

Shawshank (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 09:29
Florida - I think JA played at 15 in a couple of the B&I matches 2 seasons ago. He looked good even then, but at 18 was a bit under-powered.

I think we should play these fast and classy young lads as much as we can, and who with some more experience will give us a shout of staying up next season.

With respect to the likes of Tonksy, he has unfortunately been tried and found somewhat wanting at Premiership level, so what's the point with carrying on with him if we've got other options?

PV (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 10:41
Agreed, blood the youth now as much as possible in a lower risk environment.

27 October, 2018 17:31
Parton out for the season. Desperately disappointing for him and a blow for the club given the threat he offered from FB

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:33
Whatís the injury?

27 October, 2018 17:40
Quote:
jimbo800
Whatís the injury?

Didn't say. Just a journalist on twitter following a conversation with Kidney.

Saw him helped off at Donny and looked like a leg issue. Guessing ACL or Achilles perhaps to be that long. Not sure though.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:41
Anyone know what is the position re. Nalaga?

He has played 2 friendlies but not been seen in a proper game...

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:47
So currently both our first choice full backs are injured, Bell wonít be fit for ages. I feel we have to start rotating Nalaga and Hassell collins on the wings to free up Topsy for the 15 jersey.

paddym (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 21:35
Loader out for 3 months by all accounts and Mike Coman has had a major setback in his rehab so out for foreseeable future.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 21:54
Ah @#$%&! Lots of opportunities for hassle Collins to claim a spot on the wing and also hopefully nalaga... any news on Fowlie?
Gutted for coman, the sort of leader you would want in games like today, thankfully we're reasonably well stocked in the back row

JamesC (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 22:05
ACL I understand - v disappointing news but part of the challenge of being a professional player

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 22:18
Quote:
JamesC
ACL I understand - v disappointing news but part of the challenge of being a professional player
Which player is this about? Seems too many to keep track of at the moment

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 23:17
Parton I assume, reports are he is out for the rest of the season

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 05:28
Well, I thought that was funny James!

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

28 October, 2018 06:06
That's a real shame for Loader too. Likely that things will be spread pretty thin in the backline during the cup games given assuming the guys that have been playing will get a break.

Hopefully Fowlie will back in the mix soon and Nalaga is fit. Also likely get the Geese and LS lads back in.

An injury update by the club at some point wouldn't go amiss.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 10:28
Wouldn't be surprised if we look to bring in a couple of new faces on loan until the injuries calm down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net