rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Jersey Siren's
LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 08:54
I'm not going this time but went to the Island last time we were relegated, the place and the locals are fantastic, the game felt like a bit of an ambush, I mostly recall the last part of it, Irish were camped on the jersey try line but could not break the jersey defence, the thing that struck me at the time was how the Jersey crowd made a real effort, cheering, banging on the advertising boards, sensing that they needed to push the team on, this drowned out the considerable away support, the ground is one you can freely walk around and the supporters seemed to congregate where the play is developing so be prepared to stroll during the match.

Re: The Jersey Siren's
aquacat2 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 12:28
I'm really looking forward to this weekend, I couldn't go last time but from what I have been told from everyone last time it's a great game to go to.

Beeneyman (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:18
To say that I'm excited is an understatement! We are a group of 6 travelling out on Friday Lunchtime and returning on Sunday afternoon (flying from Southampton). Staying at the Premier Inn in St Helier.

Can anyone recommend a good bar or two? Would also be good to hear from someone who went there with the Irish last time.

tomthepom (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:29
We're really looking forward to hosting the Irish this weekend. There should be a great atmosphere with some Irish music & dancing around the ground/bars and a post-match DJ, as well as international action on the big screens in clubhouse and pavilion after the live game finishes at around 3.45pm.

We'll also be open Friday evening from 5.30- 7.30pm for those who want to come up & do a recce of the ground, and have a beer and mix with the locals. Our Ops Manager is Irish & usually lays on a few local delicacies - chicken nuggets, potato wedges, that sort of thing! winking smiley

Our info for visiting supporters is available via the link below, and if there's anything that's not covered then please feel free to post a query here. There are still spaces available for the pre-match lunch in the supporters marquee - booking details via this link

Info for visiting supporters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2018 14:15 by tomthepom.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:30
Beeneyman, should see you on the flight I reckon there could be a few of us. I Know Jersey RFC will do it's best to host us all but I'm guessing we may need a few "backup" locations in St Helier as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2018 13:59 by Irish 'Stoker.

exile99 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 16:29
I'm gutted that I can't make it this time around. I can recommend the trip up to the rugby club on Friday evening - great atmosphere and a really friendly welcome.

We visited (far too) many pubs in St Helier as well, which varied from rather dull to fun and crowded. I seem to remember we spent quite a bit of time in the Lamplighter, which I enjoyed, but there are many other places to drink.

Saz's old man (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 17:20
We apparently spent a lot of time in The Lamplighter....Small but we well looked after.🍻🍻🍻

corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 11:16
Quote:
Beeneyman
To say that I'm excited is an understatement! We are a group of 6 travelling out on Friday Lunchtime and returning on Sunday afternoon (flying from Southampton). Staying at the Premier Inn in St Helier.
Can anyone recommend a good bar or two? Would also be good to hear from someone who went there with the Irish last time.
In St Helier near the Premier Inn try the Blue Note, Lamplighter, Dog & Sausage & Prince of Wales in French Lane. The clubhouse will be jumping on Friday & Saturday whatever the result but if you get a chance to go back to town via St Aubin try the Trafalgar & Tenby.

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

M51 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 16:18
Cant make it this time but the hospitality friday Night at the clubhouse was excellent (including the nibbles). Also very handy bus services. The Lamplighter were very welcoming and the ale was excellent.
Enjoy

HowthExile (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 10:52
On our previous visit to Jersey Reds, we were royally hosted on the Friday evening at their clubhouse. We will certainly be there again this time.

Laighean ag éirí leat an diabhal

HMRH (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 14:23
Corporalcarrot or tomthepom or
Indeed anyone
-
What time does the marquee lunch start please?

corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 15:57
Just a heads up for anyone arriving at the airport and heading into St Helier by bus which go every few minutes from directly outside the airport terminal. the buses now take contactless cards and the day passes are a bargain compared to taxis:
Liberty Bus Contactless Payment

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

tomthepom (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 16:20
Quote:
HMRH
-
What time does the marquee lunch start please?

The supporters' marquee lunch is informal. It'll be open at 11.30 and food available from 12, but you can come up any time. I'd aim to be in the ground/marquee by 1pm

HMRH (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 19:38
Thanks for the info

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 23:44
Will any of the loyal travelling away support offer an indication of what they have perceived from the game,
in the form of a match report, to inform the more static amongst us of what they thought occured on the said Island of Jersey on the day of the 3rd of November 2018
Please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net