rugbyunion
Latest News:

reds v irish scores
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 14:12
30 miinutes gone score 0 - 0

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: reds v irish scores
03 November, 2018 14:12
32 miniutes gone - reds 0 - 7 irish

MWM

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 14:21
0-7 at HT.

Sounds like a forward battle with tactical kicking.

We scored our try when Jersey had gone down to 14 after big pressure on their line, a Myler break giving a Topsy try in the corner.

03 November, 2018 14:43
REDS TRY - CONVERSION MISSED

5 - 7

MWM

03 November, 2018 14:46
BLAIR COWAN TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MYLER CONVERST

REDS 5 - 14 IRISH

MWM

03 November, 2018 15:14
we lost again

17-14

MWM

Horticbm (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:15
What a pile of crap.....sorry nothing changes

PV (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:15
Almost inevitable given lack of fit players out wide

Florida (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:26
Got to say that was awful. Absolutely nothing in the backs, forwards are running better lines. Defense is pretty poor. How did they run the ball from their try line to ours? Scrum fell apart when Pat went off.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:29
Nothing ever changes...

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:29
That’s pretty disappointing given the size and supposed quality of the pack we put out.

Still, we’ve got a 4 pt lead in the table, and have played 3 of the 4 tricky away games already.

We really need to get some value out of the likes of Nalaga. Where the hell is he? Talk about throwing money down the drain...

TryBlues (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:42
You haven't been to Blues, Pirates and Nottingham yet... so I am not sure you've played 3 of the tricky away games, however Ealing will no doubt lose some more too as they struggle on grass!

At least it keeps the league more interesting for the division.

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:49
Irish poor today although Jersey took their tries well - no set piece platform
Means Irish have nothing else. Full report to follow

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:49
Ealing, Jersay and Cov are probably harder away assignments than both Bedford and Notts.

Pirates is always hard for anyone.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 16:01
Quote:
Shawshank
Ealing, Jersay and Cov are probably harder away assignments than both Bedford and Notts.

Interesting thoughts there.

Coventry... a promoted club from ND1! Yes, in the middle of the winter when their pitch is just mud, but if you think Coventry away will be one of your top 4 hardest trips you will have a few more surprises along the way.

Bonus points could be important.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 16:45
There are too many players in the squad who don’t have the necessary fire in the belly to grind out wins like this. there was too much quality in the Irish team to end up losing like we did. If we have three Mcnallys we would be comfortable in so many games. Until the club and squad management team can generate and nurture a steeliness within the squad, then we’ll struggle back in the prem if we got promoted.

We clearly have an injury issue with our backs but as forwards win games, we should have had enough in the tank to come away with a win.

PV (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 16:56
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Shawshank

Coventry... a promoted club from ND1! Yes, in the middle of the winter when their pitch is just mud, but if you think Coventry away will be one of your top 4 hardest trips you will have a few more surprises along the way.

Er, we’ve already played them away. League doesn’t lie either. We’re also missing nearly half our squad and concentrated outwide. Not too fussed about Bedford. Can’t remember the last team you beat us. 1976? Just a guess.

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:24
Irish are so far away from being a Premiership team that can compete. DK and LK need a plan B

Florida (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:29
Quote:
HMRH
Irish are so far away from being a Premiership team that can compete. DK and LK need a plan B

Couldn't agree more. We've got some decent forwards.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:30
Same old tiresome comments on this board

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:30
Hopefully the lack of summer signings mean they’re saving their cash for next years recruitment. Or banking on a premiership ringfencing to include them

Florida (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:34
Quote:
Smudge21
Same old tiresome comments on this board

So put forward an alternative view

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:39
Quote:
Shawshank
That’s pretty disappointing given the size and supposed quality of the pack we put out.
Still, we’ve got a 4 pt lead in the table, and have played 3 of the 4 tricky away games already.

We really need to get some value out of the likes of Nalaga. Where the hell is he? Talk about throwing money down the drain...

We got to see Saolo play the 2nd half. Is that value or im just in shock.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:28
He didn’t do much - scrum weakened after our subs

TryBlues (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:13
Quote:
PV
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Shawshank

Er, we’ve already played them away that was the point. League doesn’t lie either did I say it did?. We’re also missing nearly half our squad looked a decent pack and 1st choice half backs and concentrated outwide. Not too fussed about Bedford Blues went to you with a weakened team and lost by 9 and I'm sure the slope will have a factor for your players who have never played on it but you are entitled to your opinion. Can’t remember the last team you beat us. 1976? Just a guesswho cares when the last time?.

Calm down and perhaps read the comments. Ealing will lose a few along the way so you just want to make sure you keep picking up bonus points.

Florida (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:39
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
PV
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Shawshank

Er, we’ve already played them away that was the point. League doesn’t lie either did I say it did?. We’re also missing nearly half our squad looked a decent pack and 1st choice half backs and concentrated outwide. Not too fussed about Bedford Blues went to you with a weakened team and lost by 9 and I'm sure the slope will have a factor for your players who have never played on it but you are entitled to your opinion. Can’t remember the last team you beat us. 1976? Just a guesswho cares when the last time?.

Calm down and perhaps read the comments. Ealing will lose a few along the way so you just want to make sure you keep picking up bonus points.

Maybe give it a few days. Yes we deserved to lose. Yes Jersey were the better side. It's still painful

Alphacat (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 04:45
Jersey has definitely become our bogey team for some reason.

PV (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 07:30
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
PV
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Shawshank

I’m very calm, interesting that you elect to commnet on this board on the one day we lose. Tanks for the irritating red comments as well, nice touch.

Florida (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 08:13
Quote:
HMRH
He didn’t do much - scrum weakened after our subs

To be fair to him it collapsed as soon as Cilliers went off

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 17:41
Just saw the jersey try from under their own posts, shambles of a defensive line. Doesn’t look like there was any thought to a defensive line if a team tries to run from deep. We had enough players but all scattered instead of up in one line

Florida (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 18:56
Quote:
jimbo800
Just saw the jersey try from under their own posts, shambles of a defensive line. Doesn’t look like there was any thought to a defensive line if a team tries to run from deep. We had enough players but all scattered instead of up in one line

Still fuming over that try. That's the try that's shown me that if we go up (and right now it really is an if), unless it's ringfenced we'll be straight back down.

Heavy caveat that this view is as things currently stand, there is of course plenty of time to work on the defense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 18:58 by Florida.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 20:00
How didn't we tackle their player when the ball went to ground IN THEIR OWN DEAD BALL LINE! Missing mulchrone a huge amount in the midfield and the lack of pace out wide makes us very vulnerable when teams break through. That try will certainly encourage future teams to attack us from the get go

Teddy1981 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 08:07
Full highlights from JRFC here: [www.youtube.com]

#Jeeersey

corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 08:15
Thanks for a great weekend all and forget the worries about promotion - you may well lose a couple of more games against teams like Pirates and Blues and certainly Jersey will be trying their hardest when we visit your place in January - but Ealing are your only real competition for top spot and they are likely to lose far more games than your lads. You have some genuinely class players like Myler and the blind side flanker on Saturday was a class apart. When you go up come and play us again pre-season - you'll probably have recruited a few more of our players by then to support Matt Rogerson like Wuss and Briz did when we beat them but there will be no ill will from Jersey. It was a great game of rugby on Saturday and I hope you have loads more close matches this season and thrive going forward - London Irish add so much to rugby and I hope in a small way Jersey adds a bit themselves. All the best cc

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 08:24
CC thank you for your post nice to read something that's about the spirit of the game and not just the result all the best for the future.

NOx (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 08:43
I enjoyed the match (and the afters) very much even if the result didn't go our way.

Jersey proved what can be done with an aggressive defence and tenacity over the full 80 minutes. A valuable lesson to our boys - more so than thrashing the likes of Yorkshire et al.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 10:47
I mean how nice are the jersey supporters?

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 11:26
Great length of the field try from Jersey and good continuity over multiple phases for that final score.

The frustrating thing from our perspective was that the first two Jersey tries were only possible because of players (Hearn/Ojo) biting in going for the big play when we had the numbers there to deal with it initially. Something to be said for the good old drift defence in situations like that.

Florida (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 21:51
Quote:
Jamiepep1

Personally I thought they were awful. They got behind their boys, made heaps of noise and gee'd them on. Shocking behaviour!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 23:24
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
Jamiepep1

Personally I thought they were awful. They got behind their boys, made heaps of noise and gee'd them on. Shocking behaviour!

I do remember it being a most pleasant ambush two seasons ago, when listening to the match Saturday on BBC radio Jersey it was quite obvious how louder the home crowd got, to get their team in front, you need to silence the crowd and we were not strong enough out wide or from the bench to do that. Fair play to the Reds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net