rugbyunion
Latest News:

England v SA
Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 14:50
After 15mins the forwards have given away 5 penalties. All of them utterly unnecessary.

Exactly like on tour in SA.

What goes through their heads?

Re: England v SA (Spoiler Alert)
Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 15:33
I donít think we had possession in their 22 in the whole first half...(Sm105)

Books will be furious the lead is only 2 at HT.

Re: England v SA
Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 16:32
Goodness, how on earth did we win that?

Sheer guts and bloody mindedness in the first half nad last 10 mins.

Saffers were v.unlucky with that last call - if it had been a LI player we would have got a YC for that tackle...!

MOTM Mark Wilson. An immense dog of a player.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:25
Agreed Wilson was very good but he's not a number 8, drop shields, Wilson to 6 and mercer to 8

PV (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:29
Homey ref. Was deffo minimum a pen.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:04
Smudge

Looks like Curry will be out for a few weeks.

Against the ABís Iíd play Morgan at 8, Kvesic at 7 and Wilson at 6 (who looks to be the nearest thing to Richard Hill since the great man retired).

Mercer did great when he came on, but I would keep him on the bench at present as I think his Ďlooserí style of play is currently best suited to the more fluid game that generally happens in the last 30 mins.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:15
Quote:
Shawshank
Smudge
Looks like Curry will be out for a few weeks.

Against the ABís Iíd play Morgan at 8, Kvesic at 7 and Wilson at 6 (who looks to be the nearest thing to Richard Hill since the great man retired).

Mercer did great when he came on, but I would keep him on the bench at present as I think his Ďlooserí style of play is currently best suited to the more fluid game that generally happens in the last 30 mins.

Certainly a better back row than the one eddie will pick next week!

GHA (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 20:31
Shoulder to the upper chest, an attempt to wrap arms (his left arm /hand dislodged the ball) but the collison / impact meant he didn't wrap him up. The TMO after studying all the replays came to the correct decision in my opinion

That being said, Angus Gardener is useless

Finno (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 23:44
England were poor today against a weakened Boks side. They had little or no ball in the first half and if the Boks hadnít butchered a number of 5 metre line outs would have been out of siight by halftime! However, they did spoil really well, and when they got the momentum in the second half they looked dangerous!

But, Ireland or the All Blacks would have murdered this side! Fast Eddie has a lot to fix before the World Cup!

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:39
Quote:
Finno
England were poor today against a weakened Boks side. They had little or no ball in the first half and if the Boks hadnít butchered a number of 5 metre line outs would have been out of siight by halftime! However, they did spoil really well, and when they got the momentum in the second half they looked dangerous!
But, Ireland or the All Blacks would have murdered this side! Fast Eddie has a lot to fix before the World Cup!

Let's not forget it was also a very weakened England pack, not many sides could win without that many key forwards. Having said that, I agree Ireland or the all blacks would have had a comfortable victory to say the least.
PS regarding Ireland, how good is Jordan Larmour!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:55
[quote Smudge21][quote Finno]England were poor today against a weakened Boks side. They had little or no ball in the first half and if the Boks hadnít butchered a number of 5 metre line outs would have been out of siight by halftime! However, they did spoil really well, and when they got the momentum in the second half they looked dangerous!

But, Ireland or the All Blacks would have murdered this side! Fast Eddie has a lot to fix before the World Cup![/quote]

Let's not forget it was also a very weakened England pack, not many sides could win without that many key forwards. Having said that, I agree Ireland or the all blacks would have had a comfortable victory to say the
PS regarding Ireland, how good is Jordan Larmour![/quote

In attack heís great, his defensive positional play isnít good at all but that comes with game time which considering how much press heís getting, isnít an awful lot. Still extremely young and defensively naive but the potential is there to be an excellent all rounder. He could turn you in a phone box though, heíd be a great dancer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net