rugbyunion
Latest News:

Congrats Joe
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:00
Great to see him starting at the weekend and hope he goes well.

Shout out to Reid as well starting at loosehead for the SA game. Good to see him still getting a shot at that level, despite playing in the second tier.

Re: Congrats Joe
HMRH (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 17:56
Ex player so Kudos to all the coaches who helped him develop and get to this level but nothing to do with us now.

Reid - yes totally and also sure he could have moved but hasnít. Ben Franks did the same and Iím impressed by that.

No problem when people move on following a relegation but take the measure of the man that stays.

Narbia (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 22:33
Well done Gordon Reid - back into the national squad against a re-invigorated Bokkies.

Hope you give your side a bit of 'dog', 'cause they'll need it.

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

plzd (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 15:40
I don't understand the fascination with ex players they decided to move on to what they perceive is a better club / opportunity wish them all the best but they don't play for us so don't care how they do in internationals

Steelman (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 15:48
Quote:
plzd
I don't understand the fascination with ex players they decided to move on to what they perceive is a better club / opportunity wish them all the best but they don't play for us so don't care how they do in internationals

Yep I'm with you on this one,once they leave our club,they're the opposition.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 15:52
Quote:
Steelman
Quote:
plzd

Yep I'm with you on this one,once they leave our club,they're the opposition.

Agreed.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 16:20
Each to their own. I'm glad the bloke had a good game.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 16:26
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Agreed, nice to see him doing well. A Genuinely lovely guy whenever I spoke to him.

wattshisname (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 18:49
Yep, I'm sure if he stayed with Irish he would have played for England and got his first international cap by now.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 18:56
Quote:
wattshisname
Yep, I'm sure if he stayed with Irish he would have played for England and got his first international cap by now.

Not allowed to pick players from the championship anymore hence why Joe had to leave

wattshisname (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 19:23
Quote:
Smudge21
Quote:
wattshisname

Not allowed to pick players from the championship anymore hence why Joe had to leave

Yes, I know. Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I think it's great to see ex-Irish players doing well. If they need to move to a different environment to achieve bigger things then fair play to them. I'm not sure Bath would be my choice but it has worked for Joe so good luck to him.

LLL (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 21:02
Quote:
wattshisname
Quote:
Smudge21
Quote:
wattshisname

Yes, I know. Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I think it's great to see ex-Irish players doing well. If they need to move to a different environment to achieve bigger things then fair play to them. I'm not sure Bath would be my choice but it has worked for Joe so good luck to him.
Great to see Joe get cap, a try, a win and a good review from Eddie afterwards. Chuffed for him, a really genuinely lovely bloke.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 00:35
Great in attack, but has a very poor work rate in defence.

waltham (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Smudge21
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Agreed, nice to see him doing well. A Genuinely lovely guy whenever I spoke to him.

Me too. Sad we can't keep our best prospects but at least he and the others are a great advert for the LI academy system, and you never know...some may just return one day...

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 14:55
Quote:
waltham
Quote:
Smudge21
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Me too. Sad we can't keep our best prospects but at least he and the others are a great advert for the LI academy system, and you never know...some may just return one day...

...for the World Class Training Facilities (TM) (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Steelman (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 15:35
Quote:
Shawshank
Great in attack, but has a very poor work rate in defence.

Great in attack,but definitely doesn't seem to fancy the hoisted kick....so what's
He gonna get.
Work in progress.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 22:29
In the 2016 season when we were last in the Championship, I made the Jersey away game, which we lost, after the match in the large marquee with the live music, I spoke to the coaching staff who were the academy staff the season before, i mentioned Big Joe and was told he was nearly binned/cut the season before he was not an original draft to the academy, he was taken there by his father and initially bought his own kit.I have great respect for him and his family and wish him well.
By the way, history has shown that going to Bath is a good move for England but not so good for Bath, long may that continue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net