rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams Up
exile99 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 11:34
London Irish: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 13 Matt Williams, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ben Loader, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Scott Steele, 8 Matt Rogerson, 7 Isaac Curtis-Harris, 6 Max Northcote-Green, 5 Sebastian de Chaves, 4 Barney Maddison (C), 3 Ollie Hoskins, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi.

Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Lovejoy Chawatama, 18 Josh McNally, 19 Blair Cowan, 20 Brendan McKibbin, 21 Jacob Atkins, 22 Fergus Mulchrone

Re: Teams Up
exile99 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 11:35
Bedford:
15. Rich Lane
14. Pat Tapley
13. Ed Coulson
12. Chris Czekaj
11. Ryan Hutler
10. Lewis Robling
9. Alex Gliksten

1. Sean McCarthy
2. Charlie Clare
3. Alex Penny
4. Ed Taylor (c)
5. Mark Flanagan
6. Justin Blanchet
7. Josh Buggea
8. Jarad Williams

Replacements:
16. Tadgh McElroy
17. Hayden King
18. Ben Cooper
19. Oli Curry
20. Huw Worthington
21. Lee Dickson
22. Harry Davies

exile99 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 11:36
London Irish v Bedford Blues
Referee: Matt Turvey
ARs: Michael Patz & Nigel Carrick

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 11:51
Would have preferred if Myler was rested and brand to at least make the bench but other than that it looks a good team.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 12:09
Is this the most double barrels LI have put out in one starting line-up?

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 12:19
4 academy players in the starting line up. Good to see them given the nod by the coaches in a strong team.

Nalaga dissappeared again?!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 12:23
Is it just me or is anyone else a little disappointed not to have seen more academy action in the cup games? They won’t get a better chance to get time in an Irish jersey at the moment.
If we go up, we know first hand that the A League isn’t our friend, sending the young lads out to get hammered each week won’t help their development at all. Maybe Brand is injured but I was hoping he would have started this week. Steele has had plenty game time, as have the others,he’s getting very little. He’s ready for games like this.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 12:54
Atkins should deffo be given some proper game-time rather than just 10 mins at the end...(Sm16)

And Smyler should be placed in cotton-wool until mid-January.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 13:28
Agree that it would have been good to see either Brand or Atkins starting here. Brand especially seems to be starved of opportunities at the moment with only the odd bench appearance for us or LS. Perhaps he's injured, but if not, it's an odd call not to have him involved.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 13:34
IMHO the balance has generally been about right. I would like to see Atkins get a bit of game time and maybe Brand on the bench. Steele has been number 3 scrum half for most of the league season with the odd cameo off the bench so him having some game time is good.

Each week, there are a few changes but are always a number of noticeable absentees for various reasons, which for me shows we have decent squad depth and that is exactly what we need for next season should we go back up

paddym (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 14:16
Quote:
jimbo800
Is it just me or is anyone else a little disappointed not to have seen more academy action in the cup games? They won’t get a better chance to get time in an Irish jersey at the moment.
If we go up, we know first hand that the A League isn’t our friend, sending the young lads out to get hammered each week won’t help their development at all. Maybe Brand is injured but I was hoping he would have started this week. Steele has had plenty game time, as have the others,he’s getting very little. He’s ready for games like this.
Brand playing for Wild Geese tomorrow.

Steelman (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 14:44
I wonder whether Smyler had some assurances before signing about playing when fit that persuaded him to choose us and not Cov,or others. l remember seeing him with the right hump,after a 50- 60 minute substitution earlier this season,although to be fair it is difficult to tell when he is euphoric.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 14:51
Steelman - if you're right then my admiration for the bloke goes up even more - that he would stiil want to hack around playing the likes of Hartpury College in front of a few hundred folks at his age/experience.

Smyler seems to be an absolute model pro, is astonishingly consistent, and it amazes me how Saints ever let the guy go.

PV (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 15:09
Is there inside centre the Chris Czekaj or Wales fame?

Sore Doc (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 18:26
Quote:
exile99
London Irish: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 13 Matt Williams, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ben Loader, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Scott Steele, 8 Matt Rogerson, 7 Isaac Curtis-Harris, 6 Max Northcote-Green, 5 Sebastian de Chaves, 4 Barney Maddison (C), 3 Ollie Hoskins, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi.
Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Lovejoy Chawatama, 18 Josh McNally, 19 Blair Cowan, 20 Brendan McKibbin, 21 Jacob Atkins, 22 Fergus Mulchrone
How strong is that for a bench?

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 10:55
Rory brand was named man of the match for the wild geese in the rugby paper

TryBlues (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:38
Quote:
PV
Is there inside centre the Chris Czekaj or Wales fame?

Yes he is the ex wales international.

HMRH (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 12:10
Anyone have any idea where Franco and Conan are in terms of returns?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net