Latest News:

LI v Bedford
LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 15:14
14 - 8 at HT

Re: LI v Bedford
fatlad76 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:15
A dirty win but have we seen a more inept performance from sir?

Horticbm (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:16
Not good..woefull

Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:44
Ref was marginally worse than the ref we had for the league game against the Blues. Both utterly incompetent.

However, we were not much better. Our back play looks light years away from the standard that will be required if we are promoted - little pace, ponderous and far too flat with no running off the ball.

And we still aimlessly kick far too much good ball away.

HMRH (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 17:05
Ref was picky but that was a dire match. We had the beating of them and our forwards were again strong.

Our back line is slow and ponderous - admittedly some young lads thatíll be better for the time they play but we donít seem to have any style.

Disappointing game - sounds a moan after a win against a decent Bedford side but itís just not that exciting to watch

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 18:15
A shame to hear that as I thought our back play was much better last week.

JamesC (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 19:29
Following on Twitter - good work by whoever writes the LIRFC tweets btw - it seemed pretty exciting and up to usual level of LI stress

M51 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:04
All in all a pretty dire spectacle for a potential premiership team. Even given that the match officials had an off day I would have expected Irish to have played much better. Lots of handling mistakes slow off the mark and poor at the breakdown. In my opinion the forwards put in a good shift but thought our backs made a lot of mistakes and could have done better. And how would it have been without the points and yardage that Smiler made. I guess I still miss the likes of Mapasua making something out of nothing. Lets hope for improvement from the backs and some quality play developed, it looked pretty dire today.
Cmon you Irish
Mike

RuckingBrilliant (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 01:29
Link for the match video

[apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]

Password: Bed!

On review of the game, it is not as bad as people are making out BUT the number of handling errors in the backs and the missed tackles were not so good. However Bedford played a good hard game and that should not be underestimated. The scrum was messy in the first half but improved tremendously after half time. Kicking out of hand was poor and, as noted, the ref was somewhat bereft of knowledge of rugby laws with some interesting decisions both ways.

Have a look and see what you think yourself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2018 01:30 by RuckingBrilliant.

Florida (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 08:44
Thanks for the link.

Just watched the first half, can't be bothered to suffer my way through the second.

Forwards, ok. Backs, look like they've never played a game together. We desperately need a decent attack coach as we're clueless right now.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 10:26
Agreed, the game as a whole was not the best but think Irish will take a lot out of the game. They got pushed hard by a good Bedford team but grinded out the result. The forwards were good.

IMHO the backs were not as bad as some have made out. There were some good plays put together, but handling let us down big time.

Thought Hepetema and Loader had good games particularly.

Do agree though, that there did seem to be a lot of aimless kicking (neither kicking into space or to compete)

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 10:50
On review we got the ball over the try line and failed to complete twice.
We had two mid field breaks that should have gone all the way but had handling errors.
Thats 4 tries that would surely have given all a different perspective.

It certainly was not a good performance but not doom and gloom.
I really struggled with the ref.
In particular
1. lift, catch, dont let go and maul and pinged. Why?
2. passing backwards and pinged crossing. why?
3. Bedford pop passing forward not called.
4. Bedford bouncing off own blocking players not called.
5. Not releasing we seemed to get called they did not.

A wins a win however.
One thing that i did notice was the attempt to go lower with the tackle made it a lot easier for Bedford to spin out of them. Food for thought.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
27 November, 2018 14:17
Quote:
Florida
Thanks for the link.
Just watched the first half, can't be bothered to suffer my way through the second.

Forwards, ok. Backs, look like they've never played a game together. We desperately need a decent attack coach as we're clueless right now.

Thought that K&K were world class coaches? or do we need more?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net