rugbyunion
Latest News:

Hartpury Game
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 18:08
Ealing had a narrow win at home to Jersey today (19-14). Leaving them level on points with us as they didn't get the TBP.

Would be really nice to get back on the horse with a 5 point win against Hartpury next week and give us a little more breathing room. Hopefully the weather is decent and we manage to play with a little (lot) more polish than last time out. Will be an interesting team selection.

Williams has definitely done enough to earn a start either at 13 or on the wing. Back row will be interesting with Cowan and TJ (I assume) out. Chance for a start for Curtis-Harris at 7, or perhaps Gilsenan to switch back to openside.

Re: Hartpury Game
SirBurger (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 18:23
Sadly I doubt Williams or Curtis-Harris will be in the 22.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 18:28
I think Williams has done enough. Would be surprised if he was fit and not in the 22. We'll see though. You may well be right.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 18:48
Kidney and Kiss seem quite conservative selectors which has been a bit frustrating.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 19:06
I'd like to see something along the lines of
Reid
Porecki
Hoskins
Mcnally
Paulo
Gilsenan
Curtis-harris
Rogerson
Meehan
Myler
Loader
Mulchrone
Macken
Williams
Tonks

Faingaa
Hobbs-awoyemi
Cilliers
Franco
Treviranus
Steele
Fowlie

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 22:08
Like the look of Smudge's team. I'd start Trev so we have some speed off the bench and I think our centres may rotate to accommodate all seven getting game time.

Are many people going to the game? Three of us will be there but only about thirty tickets seem to have been sold so the teams and staff may outnumber the fans

Steelman (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 13:53
Closest I get to a home match,so I'll peel myself of the couch and see you there. I'm happy to be cub reporter if our normal press box is sunning itself in the Carribean or is it Caribbean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2018 13:57 by Steelman.

Griff (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 13:57
If that's a genuine offer of a match report it would be much appreciated.

Steelman (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 14:23
Its genuine Griff,but you might have to come up with a picture as my phone is better at hammering in nails than publishing images,I'm sure you can blag it! I very much appreciated your open letter, from 1990 at Sunbury and then at the Stoop, supporting Irish was a joy in my life.Madjeski never suited,It just never did it for me, so I sympathise with you Reading 4s. I wish you all well. You may find that the away games suit better.

Steelman (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 14:23
No.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2018 14:36 by Steelman.

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 16:34
two more going buying tickets there

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 20:05
Hi Derby! We have been told this match could be a sell out ! I have no proof of this other than verbal hearsay ... it is a a relatively small ground and it being an xmas game , may well be worth you checking about tickets .. I know you travel some distance cheers Bill

Steelman (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 10:03
Quote:
Bill the chip
Hi Derby! We have been told this match could be a sell out ! I have no proof of this other than verbal hearsay ... it is a a relatively small ground and it being an xmas game , may well be worth you checking about tickets .. I know you travel some distance cheers Bill

Tickets still available £15 standing,£20 seats.Hope the coaches pick the players who can catch a ball under lights,some play better and some morph into clueless duffers.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 10:30
We need to start building some confidence going into the second half of the season. We havenít been all that convincing against the better teams. I want loader and Williams playing. They are almost guaranteed to get you on the front foot. I donít see why we would persevere with some of the fringe players, especially if theyíre approaching the end of the contracts.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 10:34
Seems like a couple of players are back home for Christmas in Hoskins and hepetema so potentially opportunities for the likes of Lovejoy and Williams

Steelman (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 10:40
Quote:
jimbo800
We need to start building some confidence going into the second half of the season. We havenít been all that convincing against the better teams. I want loader and Williams playing. They are almost guaranteed to get you on the front foot. I donít see why we would persevere with some of the fringe players, especially if theyíre approaching the end of the contracts.

Here,here,and that was from Christmas last year!! especially relevant this week against a college based team with a few old warriors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net