rugbyunion
Latest News:

Team's up
RodB (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 12:23
[www.london-irish.com]
Another strong team and bench. Hopefully they make a better fist of it this week.

Re: Team's up
HMRH (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 12:51
Strong side and need BP win against side so close to the bottom

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 13:40
Great to see Williams retain his place

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 16:09
Decent team. Would have liked to see Atkins, Cooke and ICH play but we've clearly gone for rotation given the fortnight break either side of the game, especially as some of the squad are on holiday given the scheduling.

We can probably put out a different 22 vs Richmond to rest everyone before the season restarts.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 17:05
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Decent team. Would have liked to see Atkins, Cooke and ICH play but we've clearly gone for rotation given the fortnight break either side of the game, especially as some of the squad are on holiday given the scheduling.
We can probably put out a different 22 vs Richmond to rest everyone before the season restarts.

This is a league game.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 19:49
Quote:
SirBurger
Quote:
Lazyboy346

This is a league game.

I know it's a league game, but let me explain.

Due to the odd scheduling this seaons we will have had about four weeks in which we've played a single game, and that is against the team most likely to be relegated. Our previous game was a dead rubber in a cup game where we didn't get a good result, and our next one is a home game against a team likely to finish mid/lower table.

Players will have had a rest and refresh over Christmas, especially those able to travel, see family overseas etc. A month off should help with injuries while we are also expecting players like Coman and Bell back. With the biggest squad in the league, we have enough good players that we can rotate and integrate senior academy players too.

With all remaining games mattering, I see this as our best opportunity to take stock of who should play the crunch game against Jersey on 27 Jan. Play two differing teams against Hartpury and Richmond, pick whoever performs best against Nottingham then tweak for Jersey.

If we want to go up and stay up, we need to test strength and depth. I don't see us having the opportunity to try out options in the Premiership so why not take this one?

norg2072 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 20:54
.....and i understand we have strength coming in a new fijian signing that has yet to be announced 😉

Florida (IP Logged)
27 December, 2018 21:13
Any idea when we can expect it to be announced? Any clues on who / position as well?

Steelman (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 08:26
Quote:
norg2072
.....and i understand we have strength coming in a new fijian signing that has yet to be announced 😉
God help us,
please a couple of half decent Paddys,every time,
Horses for courses,they're tough, fit,
And not on international duty.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 09:52
Lazyboy - apologies, I misunderstood your post. When you said ‘when the season returns’ I thought you were under the impression this and the Richmond game are cup matches. I see the point you’re making now.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 10:14
No worries SirBurger, my post wasn't too clear in hindsight.

Hoping my confidence of us winning both fixtures comfortably isn't misplaced as this is the calm before the storm fixtures wise - Jersey and Ealing at home, Bedford, Nottingham and Cornish away will all be tough.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2018 15:05
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Hoping my confidence of us winning both fixtures comfortably isn't misplaced as this is the calm before the storm fixtures wise - Jersey and Ealing at home, Bedford, Nottingham and Cornish away will all be tough.

Agreed, those are the key fixtures. Having said that I would like to think everything is sorted by the time we play Ealing. Probably pushing it a bit for us to be up before the Pirates game

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 14:31
Quote:
norg2072

I presume this is the flyhalf/full back mentioned a few weeks ago?

norg2072 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 18:35
As well as!

Albert has now been mentioned in another thread 😀

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2018 08:17 by norg2072.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net