rugbyunion
Latest News:

Cup Quarter Final
Griff (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 15:51
Seems to now be confirmed (according to the email I got).

Sunday 3rd Feb - 15:00 ko at the good-old MadStad.

Sadly season-ticket holders have to buy tickets but mine is only £12 (end of West Upper, until 9th Jan) which isn't exactly breaking the bank and I can get extras at the reduced price which is a nice touch.

Re: Cup Quarter Final
Shawshank (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 16:18
I really can't see many ST holders plodding out to see this, esp. as we have a home game the week before (and most will have been watching 6N rugby the day before on TV).

Club should deffo have made it free to ST holders.

I'll predict crowd of 750.

HMRH (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 17:52
England away in Dublin so will have to skip it

Finno (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 22:16
Quote:
HMRH
England away in Dublin so will have to skip it

Me too, I'll be in Dublin also !

dooj106 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 23:55
Quote:
Shawshank
I really can't see many ST holders plodding out to see this, esp. as we have a home game the week before (and most will have been watching 6N rugby the day before on TV).
Club should deffo have made it free to ST holders.

I'll predict crowd of 750.

Sounds like a perfect weekend...six nations on Sat and pop down to watch Irish on Sun.

The on field benefits of a home knockout game are well documented, but IMHO from an off field point of view it provides an additional fixture, which allows extra revenue, which is always a bonus. So making tickets free (even to just ST holders) seems to be counter-intuitive to me.

You can't add it into the season ticket at the start of the season as it is not a guaranteed game so a good compromise and to show a bit of appreciation to the ST holders is to offer a reduced rate, which they have done. Will be grabbing my tickets tomorrow

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 00:09
Well if it was being played in Reading there would 4 times as many punters!.................oh wait a minute

PV (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 08:26
It’s against Coventry (for those interested...)

Steelman (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 08:39
Who will probably bring a thousand to the Mad...if they aren't in Dublin.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 10:31
I can just see it, shock defeat at the hands of Cov, MB goes into melt down coaches must go players are bad, where are the supporters, being out numbered 2 to 1, this wouldn't have happened in Reading!
The supporters were looking at the 6 nation's, no one's interested in a cup game (until we're out) that's what I love about sport, you normally get what you deserve.

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 12:55
Would be there if wasn’t away - Six Nations Saturday LI Sunday sounds a great weekend- why wouldn’t you go if you normally go and are a STH?

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 13:11
Quote:
HMRH
Would be there if wasn’t away - Six Nations Saturday LI Sunday sounds a great weekend- why wouldn’t you go if you normally go and are a STH?

Another £40 or so for my 2 ST seats, plus normal stadium extras, for a competition that frankly no-one cares about in an atmosphere that you know will be miserably moribund. No thanks.

OK, despite being a ST Holder since 2000, I'm not a 'True Supporter'...

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 14:10
Fair enough just seems an ok Sunday afternoon out

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 16:36
reduced rates for SH we will be going as think even though a micky mouse cup, hopefully see some new signing

AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 17:00
Twenty three quid?

I'm out.

waltham (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 17:15
Well, although we are not ST's this season, we are still members/sponsors but still can't buy our seats until they go on general sale...We'll be there..

M51 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 12:44
Cant make that weekend due to family gathering in Devon, but would appreciate any information coming from the stadium move discussion.
TIA
M

CharlieG (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 14:29
Quote:
M51
Cant make that weekend due to family gathering in Devon, but would appreciate any information coming from the stadium move discussion.
TIA
M

Good idea in theory, but there is one slight issue here. The QF is on 3rd Feb. The Stadium discussion is on Jan 13th. Which one are you away for? (Or is it just a very long family gathering (Sm159) )

Perhaps The Craic could ask for a 'match reporter' for the discussion on 13th.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 14:40
Looking at the offy site, I doubt I'll be in the Guinness Bar

Executive Box for 10 people: £500 + VAT
Exiles*: £75 + VAT pp
Guinness: £430+ VAT pp
Platinum: £20 + VAT pp
*Two course lunch

M51 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 18:32
My apologies I am away on the 12th Jan and 3rd Feb. Using my mobile is my excuse for being stupid. I should have started a new post.
Cheers
M

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net