rugbyunion
Latest News:

Been a while (5+ years!) - what's changed on matchday?
Tjobbe (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 08:33
It's my birthday and I'm bringing some friends to the Richmond game, I haven't been in so long I don't know what to expect. I can see that there are still busses running for 3.50, but I have some questions:

Are there bars close to G9, where we are sitting?
How much does a taxi to the station cost, and can anyone recommend a taxi service with 6 seats minimum?
Is the hotel bar open after the game (the one next to the mega store entrance) and is it open to all?

Thanks! If you remember me and are in the hotel bar after would be nice to say hello!

Re: Been a while (5+ years!) - what's changed on matchday?
Griff (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 09:34
Hey Tjobbe! Good to hear from you.

You'll find the matchday fairly different I expect. Mainly because we're in the Championship and so the crowds are a lot lower (and the rugby is... also different). We're all in the West, there are bars and the queues are O.K. because there's so few of us (I'd be surprised if there were more than 2K on Sunday). Hotel bar is still open and still eye-wateringly expensive - upstairs in the Princes Suite is the club room post-game where you'll find a fair few (it's also open for a Q&A about the Brentford move on Sunday from 1330).

As far as I know the bus still runs (there certainly are buses around on a matchday but I drive so don't know the details). If there are 6+ of you it'll almost certainly be cheaper to get a taxi each way than the bus but I'm afraid I can't help on providers.

A big change is the station which is now finished and massively improved. There are multiple taxi ranks but you'll probably need to pre-book a 6 seater (no idea on companies I'm afraid).

Hope I can catch-up but I'm not sure whether I'll be hanging around yet.

Re: Been a while (5+ years!) - what's changed on matchday?
CharlieG (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 10:22
Regarding taxis, you could try [greenmetrocars.co.uk] or [www.500cars.com] for a quote.

Green Metro Cars certainly have 6 seaters - they use them for airport trips, and both ask about the number of passengers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net