rugbyunion
Latest News:

London Irish 25 Catering 0
Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 19:28
Great result today. Good game. Important result. Post match music & interviews in Princes suite entertaining & informative. Jersey fans were good company.

But I'm afraid the catering in the west upper stand was dire. Long unnecessary queues which resulted in spectators missing the start of the second half. The food & drink outlets continue to create a huge negative for the match day experience.

I offer no criticism of the staff who are doing their best . There is no continuity because it is a new & different staff every week. They are under pressure because every thing is new & there is not enough. Today there was only one outlet open.

Are we going to wait for 18 months until this issue is addressed?

Re: London Irish 25 Catering 0
Chris Wearmouth (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 19:30
Thanks for this post, which we’ll include in post-match reviews at the club.

norg2072 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 19:59
Unfortunately it's been a similar situation in Lower as well for several seasons, having too few inexperienced staff pouring drinks (especially Guinness) to order doesn't work. It's crazy with low crowd numbers to not be able to cope with demand at half time, we often miss the restart as well.

Plus to have 5 tills but only 1 taking card payments doesn't help as the server today had to take the cash, provide change and then go to pull the drinks.

Get more staff!

Get experienced staff, not Reading Uni students!

Get a bar manager that understands the half time rugby rush!

peezee (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 20:10
Not today but...
My brother and his family came to a match with us last season, they are all vegetarian. They couldn't find anything to eat that didn't have meat in in the catering outlets in the stadium. They had traveled from Kent after rugby training and thought they'd have a snack but it was not to be.

Finno (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 20:13
Completely agree, I joined the queue in the west upper, as soon as the half time whistle went. There were 5 people ahead of me in the queue. It took the whole of half time to get served and the second half had started when I returned with my three coffees. I think most of the people behind me, just gave up! Crazy!!!, But what do you expect when you employ kids..

Narbia (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:25
In fairness to the kids serving in WU today, they were pouring a number of pints in advance of half-time.

I saw the queue you were talking about though, and I think that there weren't sufficient numbers of staff there to cope.

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:46
Yesterday was particularly dreadful. As I've paid to watch a game of Rugby sacked it & went back to my seat-suppose the Club didn't lose any money on the single bottle of Coke I was after.

I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be the West Upper having new staff all the time. There's one person there regularly who simply does not grasp what one is after - as I'm a teetotaller with no mates I'd expect that an order for a hot dog & a Coke might not be too complicated!

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 13:36
just a wee suggestion -but maybe buy a flask and fill it with hot chocolate.tea coffee etc AND make a sarnie/.........maybe when no-one uses the catering company things MIGHT change(Sm128)

it always worked for me..............x

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 13:45
Would do, Marie, but tend to be coming from other events on the morning of games!

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 17:55
The catering in the stadium has always been average, poor or useless.

The catering firm are just putting on a skeleton service to cover their SLAs for the contract.

Everything at the Madstad seems disjointed and un-loved. Like an IKEA wardrobe with missing parts and no instructions.

Other rugby clubs show how it should be done; Quins, Northampton, Leicester, Valladolid, Treviso.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 11:25
Quote:
Jonny_C
The catering in the stadium has always been average, poor or useless.
The catering firm are just putting on a skeleton service to cover their SLAs for the contract.

Everything at the Madstad seems disjointed and un-loved. Like an IKEA wardrobe with missing parts and no instructions.

Other rugby clubs show how it should be done; Quins, Northampton, Leicester, Valladolid, Treviso.

Even Nottingham Donny Ealing Bedford and Jersey, admittedly the same crowds we get but way better service and price.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 14:40
Treviso must have changed, when I went there there was a trestle table with cans of beer on as the bar, and another with jerseys as the shop!

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net