rugbyunion
Latest News:

Luke McLean
MarkS (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:07
Heresy in some quarters I know but I think Luke is playing very well at the moment - great under the high ball, good distribution, organises the young lads very well and today he even showed a clean pair of heels to some Of the oppo. Often criticised do I thought Id mention the good bits.

Re: Luke McLean
Finno (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:11
I agree, he's been really good this season

GHA (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:14
Solid today but there's just no pace there at all

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:54
Agreed he's been very reliable but he won't cut it at premiership level

Bazzo (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 22:01
Zero pace.

Steelman (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 22:10
Quote:
MarkS
Heresy in some quarters I know but I think Luke is playing very well at the moment - great under the high ball, good distribution, organises the young lads very well and today he even showed a clean pair of heels to some Of the oppo. Often criticised do I thought Id mention the good bits.

I think that he has found a standard in which he's comfortable.Id Rather see him at 15 untilTom Parton returns, a calming influence this season and now showing signs of wanting to have a little venture upfield.. .so yep I agree.

MarkS (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 22:44
I think zero pace is a bit harsh tbh - also I cant remember when he last dropped a high ball

JamesC (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 07:03
Very steadying influence yesterday

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 09:06
I thought he played really well yesterday and as everyone else stated a very calm and controlled head in the backline.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 09:26
A far better back three player than centre and more than happy for him to be the steadying force in an otherwise inexperienced back three.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 10:01
It took him a while to settle in, but is now playing the rugby I expected when he signed. The radio commentator yesterday spoke of the change from his underwhelming visits to Jersey to the commanding presence now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net