rugbyunion
Latest News:

Announcements at or around Jersey match...
PV (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 10:22
Is my memory right, didnít Mr Facer suggest announcements would be at Jersey match. Iíve read that Coleman still under negotiation.

Re: Announcements at or around Jersey match...
RodB (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 10:41
My recollection was some time after the Jersey game......

SirBurger (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 10:58
I wasn't there, but the tone seemed to be that we would announce once promotion was looking more certain, "hopefully around the time of the Jersey match." I suspect that was a bit optimistic and with Ealing winning yesterday, we will probably wait until we have more than a 9 point margin.

PV (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:23
Got it, so assumption being that the new intake have clauses saying something similar to 'subject to promotion'. In which case, it could be a long wait before we get definitive announcements, we are a long way off being certain of promotion mathematically. That may not even come until the final day - we play Ealing TF.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:32
I'm not sure we'll wait until it's mathematically certain, but I probably wouldn't be announcing anything now as it could just be a distraction and look like we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Announcing a bunch of big name signings then going away to Bedford and losing wouldn't be a great look. Would personally wait until we've either got past the Pirates game with our lead intact or taken it out by another win to 14 points or so. Recruitment for next year sounds encouraging, but we need to stay focused and ensure that there is absolutely nothing riding on the last game with Ealing.

Griff (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:36
I did hear a pretty strong rumour from a solid source that we've signed Ian Keatley for the rest of the season...

PV (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:40
Does that mean Myler is out long term?

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 11:59
Would prefer Atkins to be given more of a chance tbh

Bazzo (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:49
Quote:
Griff
I did hear a pretty strong rumour from a solid source that we've signed Ian Keatley for the rest of the season...

We have Atkins who played well against a top Championship side, Meehan who can jump in like he did on Sunday and has played when Myler is out, also Tonks who is a very good 10 and has played at Premiership level etc. Why would we need a signing like Keatley who is not even getting a game in Munster? Really hope that is not the case, Jacob deserves a run in the team for me.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:56
Bell almost back as well

Bazzo (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 13:04
True, forgot about Tommy. A very good 10 option if fit.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 13:36
Personally I see Bell covering 15 more than 10. That said, with Atkins/Tonks/Myler and Veitokani as well as other options if necessary as mentioned, I would agree that we should be ok for this season as we are

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 14:20
I rate Atkins, but think Tonks, TBC, Bell and Veitokani are not as good as Meehan at fly half, I think Ian keatley is a great signing if true and is probably the best option out of all the names mentioned above.

M51 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 14:47
Ian is off to Treviso at the end of the season (according to his profile), so I guess this is just a stop gap for injuries.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net