rugbyunion
Latest News:

Ireland v England
HMRH (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 07:34
Off to Dublin today so wish everyone good luck and a great game.

Personally I hope the only Irish win is against Coventry 😉

Re: Ireland v England
Cill Dara (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 08:52
As an Irish man, I have a bad feeling about this game! Ireland are notoriously slow starters and if you counter in all the hype about Ireland, I think it will not go our way.

OH well, itís only a game!

Prisco stirpe Hibernico

NMB (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 09:11
I think it will be a close one but being at home will be enough to see Ireland through (although I hope England nick it)

I'm really looking forward to this 6 Nations! Any team can win on their day and it could be that everyone wins their home games meaning bonus points will be crucial!

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 11:55
England team to face Ireland:

Daly; May, Slade, Tuilagi, Nowell; Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Williams, Lawes, Hughes, Robson, Ford, Ashton

Bazzo (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 15:34
Six Sarries players start. Impressive

GHA (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 16:00
Impressive how they manage to not break the salary cap? Pretty mad ain't it

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 18:09
And Daly apparently will make 7 fairly soon. Throw in that Wigglesworth is next scrum half off the ranks and Lozowski was thereabouts recently and it does make you wonder how they do it

Narbia (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 20:08
Expecting an arm wrestle here. Ireland may well be favourites, but if they're over-confident, it could be their disadvantage.

Only thing I'm sure about is the number of Garryowens that will be fired off during that match. Could be double figures from the Celts.

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Florida (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 20:15
Pretty worried about Daly at 15, he's going to be recieving a lot of pinpoint perfect high balls

tomthepom (IP Logged)
31 January, 2019 22:31
Quote:
Florida
Pretty worried about Daly at 15, he's going to be recieving a lot of pinpoint perfect high balls

Any English full-back arriving in Dublin is likely to get plenty of garryowens heading his way... unless he catches the first half dozen with ease, in which case the 'supply' might dry up. It's a bit like when you hear that a fly-half is going to be targeted by the opposing back row = no @#$%& Sherlock!

plzd (IP Logged)
01 February, 2019 21:02
Quote:
GHA
. The break it all the time as you are implying no reason not to as they got away with it last time by threatening legal action of all the clubs they are the only one i dislike

Heaf (IP Logged)
01 February, 2019 23:34
Quote:
plzd
Quote:
GHA
. The break it all the time as you are implying no reason not to as they got away with it last time by threatening legal action of all the clubs they are the only one i dislike
Don't forget Bath ...

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 18:38
Ireland totally undone & out played .

Best England performance for years
Well done Boys , just go on and win the whole thing now !

WE ARE BACK !

Florida (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 19:39
Really didn't expect that. Thought May was exceptional.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 09:05
As an Ireland supporter I say well done England, but frustrated at Itojiís off the ball hits on Keith Earleís and Earleís will be out of the next match.its cheap, not needed, hope he gets cited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 09:12 by Horticbm.

ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 11:56
It was a yellow at worst, not going to be cited, nor should it.

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 11:57
Part of earls injury was caused by Conor Murray, and his illegal block on the legit challenge of Jonny may... England were battling for everything yesterday, and once Murray put the block on , itoje was never gonna back out!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 11:58
And Curry's should never have been a yellow, so would call it even on that front.

Heaf (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 12:47
There's some footage suggesting Toner may have got away with one too ... it's pretty much the same in every match - some get picked up, some don't and some get done harshly.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 11:40
Whatever way you look at it...... England were deserved winners.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 12:18
As a half English Half Irish man I can maybe give some semblance of unbiased opinion.

Currys hit on earls was not a yellow card.

Hughes late hit on sexton in the second half was more deserving.

Itoje jumps for the ball the same as Earls. Earls comes off worse because he gives away about 6 stone to maro. Not a penalty. If anything Murray should have been pinged for the blatant blocking which happened quite frequently.

Peter O'M needs to stop the crying out anytime he's in a ruck or Maul. It belittles him as the fantastic player he is. Sinckler took exception and called him out quite rightly and all he could respond with was some unsavory language.

Don't think England were as impressive as people have made out but to go to Dublin and win in a world cup year is a statement. Ireland one bad day doesn't change what they've achieved the past 18 months

HMRH (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 12:52
I realise I am biased in favour of England but to expand on your point about OíMahoney, both Murray and Sexton appeal far too often. Of course other player do it but Iíd prefer they didnít.

Thought Curry couldnít complain in honesty - invited the decision. Itoje made a nuisance of himself and Iíve have wanted a penalty if it had been me but I donít think it was a card

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net