rugbyunion
Latest News:

Elliot Daly leaves Wasps end of season
tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:45
Wouldn't mind him at London Irish... probably attracts a premium price...

Rumours are he's off to Saracens, but does that then potentially free up Alex Goode / Liam Willams... would love to attract any of these boys.

Re: Elliot Daly leaves Wasps end of season
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:53
Guess that's what happens when you don't have world class training facilities.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 17:28
Alex Lewington ?

AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:10
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Guess that's what happens when you don't have world class training facilities.

Wish we had the training facilities that the cuckoos have TBF.
But emphatically NOT the ground.

Fursa (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 19:21
who are the cuckoos?

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 20:48
i'm assuming its the Pests cuckooing on Coventry

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:04
Daly would be away with England so much that I doubt you’d get your money’s worth. I’d take Lewington back before id take Daly

Florida (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:24
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Wouldn't mind him at London Irish... probably attracts a premium price...
Rumours are he's off to Saracens, but does that then potentially free up Alex Goode / Liam Willams... would love to attract any of these boys.

I would year your arm off for Goode. His ability is without question and I'd have him on that alone, but can you image how perfect a mentor he'd be for Parton?

Obviously not happening, but by God it would be awesome

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:34
You do have to ask yourself where they all fit in. They’re going back to the method that won them the Heineken cup, an international line up with a back up team who have plenty of international experience. Theyll have two teams again next season.

GHA (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 22:19
Quote:
jimbo800
Daly would be away with England so much that I doubt you’d get your money’s worth. I’d take Lewington back before id take Daly

Haha

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 22:58
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
jimbo800

Haha

Another insightful counter point to a posters opinion, que professor Treesdown!

GHA (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 23:16
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
jimbo800

Haha

Cue? Anyway, an insightful counter point to a poster's opinion... That reminds me of the time (was it only last week?!) when i asked if anyone knew London Walsh's 25 signings from a couple of years back and some weirdo replied saying:

Quote:
LI Bohemian
GHA is sat on his gold throne, stroking a white cat and genuinely curious, while LIB is genuinely confused again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 23:16 by GHA.

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 23:59
I think the point still remains.

2 B&I Lions fullbacks and 1 should be England call up fullback who can cover flyhalf.

Surely they all won't want to risk being 2 or 3 fiddle.

Anyone know Williams or Goode's contract length.

I'd be very surprised if it didn't force one of them out

Not to mention Maitland will be in jeopardy if Williams or Daly is pushed to the wings...

GHA (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 06:20
I think Sarries don't mind strength in depth and the way they are able to completely ignore the salary cap means it's not the end of the world for the players, either. I heard a rumour Strettle might be retiring, so Williams or Daly might take his place..?

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 06:45
Quote:
GHA
I think Sarries don't mind strength in depth and the way they are able to completely ignore the salary cap means it's not the end of the world for the players, either. I heard a rumour Strettle might be retiring, so Williams or Daly might take his place..?

Probably a whole other thread but how do they get around the salary cap? Obviously they have the money but surely they should be penalized and have points taken off them.

Or is this all assumptions due to the names that they have in the team?

GHA (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 06:50
When the penalty for breaking the salary cap is a fine you just add a bit of extra cash onto your 'breaking the salary cap' budget to cover it

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 07:06
Daly is moving for less money I hear. I doubt Sarries are technically breaking the cap as there is too much focus on it. How you choose to pay your players and whether that counts within the cap is, of course, a separate issue.

I’m not suggesting anything nor do I know anything but guessing creative application applies

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 07:28
The English international players can afford to move for less money because they’ll get a significant pay slip from England every time they play. If you’re involved in each six nations game, you get a nice £125,000. Throw in autumn and summer internationals and the club pay matters less if you’re taking home £40,000 less than before.

mackemII (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 07:42
Quote:
Irish 'Stoker

The pests own the Ricoh don't they , I think he means us.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 08:07
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
Irish 'Stoker

The pests own the Ricoh don't they , I think he means us.

Will be a reference to Wasps setting up shop in Coventry

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 18:55
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
jimbo800

Haha

Cue? Anyway, an insightful counter point to a poster's opinion... That reminds me of the time (was it only last week?!) when i asked if anyone knew London Walsh's 25 signings from a couple of years back and some weirdo replied saying:

Quote:
LI Bohemian
GHA is sat on his gold throne, stroking a white cat and genuinely curious, while LIB is genuinely confused again.

My apologies, for the quip, but I was sure it followed this statement from you.

"Thanks gents, happy to hear more - genuinely curious"

I'm a weirdo as well now. You don't write for the tabloid press by any chance?

GHA (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 19:17
Happy to hear more because two or three posters had given names. Genuinely curious because someone said mass recruitment didn't help Welsh and I was 'genuinely curious' as to how their recruitment compared to our potential recruitment. I managed to find a list of players myself in the end, anyway, which I added to the thread.

It's pretty clear you don't write for anybody.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net