rugbyunion
Latest News:

Up before we go to Pirates......
HMRH (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 09:16
Having a what if prediction moment.

Ealing are on 55 points and Irish on 64.

If my crystal ball is correct then Ealing have the following results to come:
Pirates away - loss
Hartpury home - BP win
Richmond away - BP win
Coventry away - win
Nottingham home - BP win
Jersey away - loss
Bedford home - BP win
Irish away - loss (obvs)

Gives Ealing a potential total of 79 points

Irish
Coventry home - BP win
Scottish home - BP win
Yorks away - win
Doncaster home - BP win

would give us 83 points with 4 games to go.

Come on the Kernow lads let's start this on Saturday!

Any thoughts?

Re: Up before we go to Pirates......
Griff (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 10:12
How many chickens did you get up to? I get really nervous when discussing this stuff. We've had a good start but I wouldn't guarantee we can win the next four never mind the rest. I think it's likely, and from your list I'd say the BP win against Cov is the only one I'd question - they were really good in the cup and I think 4 tries will be a tough ask on Saturday. If the rub-of-the-green goes against us we could lose any of those. A couple of losses would start the nerves and then anything could happen.

I can't fault the logic but this isn't all about logic and the K's will have to get the boys prepared and up for every single game. Hope you're right, though.

NMB (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 10:41
We seem to have been struck by a lot of injuries so we are being challenged on that front. But I would be looking for a BP win at home whoever the opposition.

It is the away games where I think we could slip up potentially so each one of those we get through makes me feel better. A BP away to Bedford is a tough thing to get so we are on the right track but I would really like to see us demonstrate our Premiership credentials in these last games.

We have a lot of good new talent coming in but, as has been said, our starting side for the opening block of games is likely to look very similar to now so I would want the existing squad to really demonstrate that they are ready for the Premiership!

Regarding Ealing, if they win this weekend then I would wonder where their next loss would come from before meeting us so I think we will be pushed all the way. BP might be important to increase the gap.

HMRH (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 11:09
Best scenario thinking agreed.

I think Cov will be high scoring so a BP is possible. QC and Pirates away potential trouble I agree.

Ealing need to lose 1 and us not to or win but without BP and we keep picking them up. Ealing aren't unbeatable, they're good but have had a couple of close results and got away with it.

Lets hope Pirates do us a favour this weekend and we keep our end of the bargain.

Lots of permutations and no chicken counting involved.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 11:33
Would be quite surprised if Ealing beat Cov away - we only scraped a win there.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 13:27
Cov played well that day,but have never really reached their potential since judging by the reaults at home since,the game against us was the biggest attendances of the season.

JamesC (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 20:34
Banana skin time ...

Florida (IP Logged)
16 February, 2019 16:46
Your crystal ball is on the fritz pal

waltham (IP Logged)
16 February, 2019 17:13
Looks to me most likely go right to the last two matches

HMRH (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 08:17
Pirates was a hope and A good result for Ealing. Irish have to keep getting BP wins and hope Ealing slip up again. Theyíve got 2 easy games now so all over to us

Alphacat (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 00:07
If we can just gain 1 more point and go 10 ahead I will be confident. That way they would have to win 3 games over us without us getting anything (or 2 wins and a ridiculous points difference, which is unlikely to happen.

Heaf (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 00:16
Surely they'd just need to get 2 TBP wins with us getting nothing and then just get more points in the remaining matches by whatever combination?

Alphacat (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 00:56
Quote:
Heaf
Surely they'd just need to get 2 TBP wins with us getting nothing and then just get more points in the remaining matches by whatever combination?

Ah yes, I forgot that even if we win all the remaining games after they have equaled us, we might not get TBPs and they can go ahead that way.

HMRH (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:19
Still pretty much on track after Richmond - COYI and letís get this done

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 23:18
Also worth noting that Cornish (48pts) host Jersey (52pts) at 14:30 as the other game in this round. An Irish win tomorrow in conjunction with a 4-0 Cornish victory would confirm a two horse race mathematically for promotion.

Steelman (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 06:44
Jeez it,ll be one hell of a scrap next year in the championship.Carnegie,Pirates,and Trailfinders all going for it with maybe Woose or Leicester,
Whilst we watch comfortably from our alleged mid table position in the Prem,urrh
If things go right today in that forecast 50mph wind.....woops.

HMRH (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:42
Revised a few and been a little more pessimistic so home to Hartpury looks the one. Assumes Ealing max out from here on and also that we donít. Tough one on Leeds even with all their troubles and Pirates away could be sticky

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:55
You donít think Leicester will ever be allowed to go down, do you?!?

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Steelman (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 11:10
Quote:
Foggy-Balla

Absolutely not,
But it is a lovely thought isn't it !

orsoncart (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 12:27
Quote:
Steelman
Quote:
Foggy-Balla

Absolutely not,
But it is a lovely thought isn't it !

Not nearly as lovely as Barf

HMRH (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:59
Oh well

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net