rugbyunion
Latest News:

LI vYORKSHIRE
Shawshank (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 13:33
7-8 after 30 mins.

Sounds like York’s have had most of the play and possession.

Ben loader scored our try from a high ball.

Re: LI vYORKSHIRE
Ecksile (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 13:52
Irish ahead 12-8. It’s that Loader fella again. Great try

Ecksile (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 14:17
Try Porecki conv Bell 19-8

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 14:43
22 -8 final whistle

Alphacat (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 16:00
Woo! We're in the final of a cup! (Sm60) Would be nice to get some silverware again.

SixNineOne (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 16:44
For those of you who weren't at the match, don't be deceived by the scoreline. I think we had an absolute shocker of a game with far too many dropped balls and unforced errors and our pack was coming out second best far too often. This awful fare was relieved only by a couple of sublime tries by Ben Loader. On both occasions he rose majestically above the competition, plucked the ball from the air and then dazzled the defenders with his footwork and pace. Undoubtedly a couple of the best tries I've seen all season. To their credit I thought the Yorkies were really up for it and were competing hard; but for some lack of precision on their part the scoreline could have been a whole lot closer. I think we're going to have to field our A team when we go up to Headingley on 10 March.

smithy75 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 16:49
Wasn’t it Yorkshire’s first team though?

RodB (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 16:57
Ealing spanked pirates 58:26. Await date and venue for the final

PV (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 17:40
Ealing in the final, they walloped Pirates

Bazzo (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 20:59
Poor first half.... by the ref.

Narbia (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:46
I thought it was a pretty good game t.b.h.

1. There were some pretty decent line breaks, from Steele and Porecki, maybe a few others too.
No need to mention young Loader and his speedy delivery (no doubt the young fella is already on the radar of the bandits a little further west).

2. Carnegie are not the disorganised team that they were at the start of the season. Apparently they've done some mid-season recruitment. They seemed pretty well drilled to me.

3. Sure there were mistakes made, but, hey this was so much better than the mindless sideways running of other previous Irish matches I could think of.

MOTM? I'd give it to Dave Porecki. (Sm13)

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

waltham (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:52
Quote:
Narbia
I thought it was a pretty good game t.b.h.
1. There were some pretty decent line breaks, from Steele and Porecki, maybe a few others too.
No need to mention young Loader and his speedy delivery (no doubt the young fella is already on the radar of the bandits a little further west).

2. Carnegie are not the disorganised team that they were at the start of the season. Apparently they've done some mid-season recruitment. They seemed pretty well drilled to me.

3. Sure there were mistakes made, but, hey this was so much better than the mindless sideways running of other previous Irish matches I could think of.

MOTM? I'd give it to Dave Porecki. (Sm13)

agree with either Porecki or Max..(neat chip kick and a couple of cracking tackles)..

Marbo (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:55
Ref was shocking today. He lacked any control over the discipline of the game. It was a mircale that the game didn't errupt into a fight at times. I enjoy a tough physical game but within the laws of the game - thats not a criticism of Yorkshire they played really well and passionately. However sometimes that passion may have spilled over into a handful of high tackles and it is the ref and the linesmen's job to police that to ensure player safety.

The high shot on Tonks for Yorkshire's first try though the other end of the pitch looked terrible! How can you award a try when Tonks had the ball, Yorkshire's player comes charging in hits Tonks in the head he's lining on the floor knocked out (he seemed to be from my view) and Yorkshire dot the ball down. Absoutley crazy!

Enough on the ref though. Loader had a fantastic game should pure pace and true skill under the high ball. Atkins looked comfortable and in great control at 10 again. Hepetema was fearless and had some great direct running lines. All round great team performance.

PV (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 12:45
Just seen the brief highlights (couldn't make the match). How on earth they were awarded that first try is possibly one of the most farcical decisions I have seen in the game. Tonks has control of the ball and loses control due to a clear high shot, terrible officiating there.

On a positive note - Loader looks a real talent, we must keep hold of him.

NMB (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 14:05
Those are the kind of tries that show we might be able to compete in the championship

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net