rugbyunion
Latest News:

Greg Tonks yesterday
MarkS (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 14:03
I was willing to forget the Ian Keathley injury from a forearm smash last week but having reviewed the footage of yesterday's "try" by Yorkshire, I fail to see how this could ever have been awarded. The ref's first duty is the safety of the players and he not only failed to do that yesterday, he encouraged dangerous play by allowing the try.
I hope Greg is ok with nothing more than a headache but awful refereeing once again in the championship.

Re: Greg Tonks yesterday
Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 14:14
Having looked at the footage of both I do think there are some differences. The coventry players in the immediate vicinity straight away saw keatley was in trouble and stopped play to help, fair play to them. I don't think it was a deliberate forearm to the face more an instinctive attempt at a hand-off that was slightly mistimed and terrible upright body position from keatley.

Yesterday. Tonks is clearly hit hard on the head, he's out cold straight away, you can see this from far away. Because of this he drops the ball. The YC player jumps on the ball maybe he doesn't realize the extent of tonks' injury but poor form for me. Sir and co seriously let down Tonks and the safety of players by awarding that try. Very poor reffing and should be referred for review to the RFU/governing body.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 16:26
Is there any after-game citing procedure in the Championship/C-Cup?

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 16:48
Citing in the championship, means where you build the grounds man's shed.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 16:52
There is a citing procedure but would be surprised if we heard anything about it. Would have to be a red card offence and not sure this was. Tonks ducked into it a bit and there wasn't really any malice.

That said, the try should never have stood, as it was clearly a pen at least imo

Griff (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 17:02

About a minute in, in case you missed it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net