rugbyunion
Latest News:

The run In
Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 22:22
well with 6 games each to go (too soon?) we have

Ealing Fixtures (played 16 - 64pts)

Away to Richmond (Lost, 2pts, played 17 = 66pts)
Away to Coventry
Home to Nottingham
Away to Jersey
Home to Bedford
Away to Irish

Irish Fixtures (played 16 - 74pts)

Away to Yorkshire
Home to Doncaster
Away to Cornish
Home to Hartpury
Away to Richmond
Home to Ealing

To state the obvious, our next 3 fixtures are crucial if we can hold our nerve and get the required results then Ealing come up against the other 3 top teams in the league. Fingers crossed!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 21:41 by Irish 'Stoker.

Re: The run In
Greenboots (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 12:03
I think we have the (slightly) harder run in pirates and Yorkshire will be very difficult but they have notably Jersey with some other tough fixtures as well.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to the last day I couldn't handle that. It would be nice to finish the job at home v Hartpury but the key thing is to get the job done can't take any team lightly at this stage.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 13:02
Agreed Greenboots, the Irish vs Hartpury & Jersey vs Ealing weekend will be the tipping point i hope, focus and fingers crossed until then!!

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 16:39
Anyone think they will announce the Premiership will be ringfenced from next season as soon as they know Irish are up?

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

bigbitty (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 16:47
I think they might wait one more year to give Newcastle as much chance as possible to climb back, just to keep a northern presence.

Steelman (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 17:38
Or Woose who looked truly awful today,shades of our away performances in previous
relegation battles.Played like they'd had the weekend on the lash in Newcastle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 17:40 by Steelman.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:15
Realistically we have to lose three times and not get anything out of those matches to not be promoted. Ealing would also need maximum point hauls consistently.

I just don't see us losing that many and Ealing winning them all. Can only really see Cornish away as a banana skin, even then i'd fancy us to at very least get something from the match.

Heaf (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:23
Not quite - if we lose twice with no points and Ealing get two five pointers then they'd just need one extra point from the remaining matches ... still probably unlikely however/hopefully,

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:26
yeah but they'd need either a 200 odd point swing in points difference or more than 1 point.

I'm going to start counting chickens.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:33
The games I think will be close are Carnegie and Pirates away, the games against Mond and Hartbury college are relegation survival battles for the two respective clubs but we should have too much fire power for them

Heaf (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 12:06
Quote:
Jamiepep1
yeah but they'd need either a 200 odd point swing in points difference or more than 1 point.
I'm going to start counting chickens.

No they'd just need one league point more than us as I agree there's no way they are going to overturn the points difference. So for example if we get nothing from two games and they get two five pointers we'd be equal on league points but with a huge points difference advantage. But if we both won all the other matches but we didn't get a TBP in one game but they did then they'd be one point clear and be top.

However as I said I agree this is all unlikely hopefully, but we don't have to lose 3 matches to lose out.

PV (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 12:23
Quote:
Greenboots
I think we have the (slightly) harder run in pirates and Yorkshire will be very difficult but they have notably Jersey with some other tough fixtures as well.
Hopefully it doesn't come down to the last day I couldn't handle that. It would be nice to finish the job at home v Hartpury but the key thing is to get the job done can't take any team lightly at this stage.

They have to play Cov, Jersey and us away, I think they have the tougher run in and will be more desperate as the opportunities to catch us fade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net