rugbyunion
Latest News:

If Irish slip up!
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 08:22
The TRP has an article with Ealings Director of Rugby Ben Ward. Apparently they have an alternative stadium that has been audited by the RFU and fits the criteria should Irish slip up. No mention of the name or where the stadium is in the article.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 08:22 by Exile_Dave.

Re: If Irish slip up!
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 08:44
Not a huge surprise really as they have the funds to sort a temporary arrangement. Would have been shocked if they didn't have something lined up

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 09:11
It upsets everyone but none of the Championship teams are even close to Premiership level including possibly Irish. We are the only club with a ground that can be used - Ealing must have a deal with another club football or otherwise. Ealing are a good dude and pushing hard but even with their backing they are a long way from being ready. They would have tot bring in a host of players aka Welsh and look how that ended.

old school (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 19:52
I think we should expect a number of big announcements from Ealing over the coming months.

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 20:33
Does anyone seriously believe that Ealing could assemble a team which would gel from the off and would be able to put a package together which would see them able to go into the premiership starting from scratch plus outscore us and have the proper facilities in place by next season ? If so why haven't they done it by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 20:36 by Lincs-Exile.

Alphacat (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 22:03
I don't think they seriously have realistic prospects for promotion this season but at least have some plan should we fail to come 1st.

Even if they inevitably come in last place, prem money is probably worth it.

Steelman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 13:27
Wot I can imagine is Ealing going for promotion next season.Dont forget that Ben put 23 new players in his squad pre season and ran us very close in the first match,even after losing head coach Codling to Quins.He can now pre plan for next season with a view this time to having better talent available than Newcastle or Woose might have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net