rugbyunion
Latest News:

York's v li
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 15:20
Try leeds
7 - 0

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: York's v li
Florida (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 15:35
We desperately need to get some points on the board. Lineout and maul not working, scrum is getting taken apart.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 15:37
And we have them!

14 - 7

Cilliers off, Lovejoy on

10 March, 2019 15:49
Half time

14 - 7

MWM

10 March, 2019 16:06
Try Topsy

14-12

MWM

Horticbm (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:17
See we are doing we are doing well

John H (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:27
After 68 minutes losing 19 - 12. At least Ealing lost yesterday

Horticbm (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:27
Wowefull absolute

10 March, 2019 16:28
Another try for Leeds

Leeds 19 - 12 iris h

MWM

John H (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:30
ANother try for Yorkshire 26 - 12

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:30
Looks like we could be losing ground against Ealing despite their loss - lost opportunity ... not sure what happened as the team looked like a strong one. Fingers crossed for a late surge.

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:32
OK another try ... so late surge looks unlikely.

10 March, 2019 16:33
Pirate's beat jersey

Where have all these penalties co.e from?

MWM

Horticbm (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:34
We are plying no Premiership team....load of shite

Alphacat (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:36
Thank goodness for Ealing losing...

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:37
Quote:
mulledwinemarie
Pirate's beat jersey

Inexperienced ref maybe? Be interested to hear from anyone that's actually seen the match.

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:38
Quote:
Alphacat
Thank goodness for Ealing losing...

Unfortunately they still got 2 points so narrowed our lead.

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:41
How is time up? They started the same time as the Ireland v France match didn't they and there's still 10 minutes left there - haven't been that many stoppages.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:56
Always looked a tricky trip, but we appear to be a zillion miles away from the necessary quality not to be humiliated again, even if we do get promotion.

Sounds like we were simply not at the races.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:16
Quote:
Heaf
How is time up? They started the same time as the Ireland v France match didn't they and there's still 10 minutes left there - haven't been that many stoppages.

Shorter half-time in Championship?

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

GHA (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:21
Quote:
Heaf
Quote:
mulledwinemarie
Pirate's beat jersey

Inexperienced ref maybe? Be interested to hear from anyone that's actually seen the match.

Yeah that's it, must've been the refs fault

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:00
Didn't mean that - there seemed to be a lot of pens both ways ...

SixNineOne (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:06
Itís no use blaming the ref even though heís a Yorkshireman! He simply adjudicated what he saw in front of him. It was pretty simple really. More often than not, when they kicked the ball we dropped it. At the ensuing scrum they were awarded a penalty and marched their way up the field. Throughout the game we were comprehensively outmuscled up front and were playing back foot rugby pretty much throughout. The Yorkies played tight muscular rugby and played the windy conditions very astutely. They thoroughly deserved their victory and all credit to them for a fine effort. We just looked woeful - I just hope K&K are polishing their size 10s to administer a comprehensive kick up the backside...

Heaf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:17
I must have missed the bit where anyone blamed the ref ... Marie simply commented on the high penalty count and I suggested MAYBE it could be inexperience - but would be interested to hear from somebody that saw it ... at what point is that blaming the ref?

orsoncart (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:18
don't quite understand why Reid wasn't playing. He didn't get on the field for Scotland and Cilliers hasn't looked comfortable at loosehead. The Jersey match had him there as well.

Just saying!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 18:22 by orsoncart.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:27
The penalties at scrum time dropped significantly when Lovejoy came on.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:28
That was really bad.

Ref was fine. Lost it in the first half when we needed to take advantage of the wind. We just couldn't get out of our half after HT when we were chasing the game. Leeds had scrum pens when they were against the wind that got them the territory they needed.

Can only think of two breaks we made all game. One from McLean which ultimately led to Topsy's try and a nice snipe from Steele that broke down after we tried to force it. Think Loader only touched the ball once all game.

I honestly think we were a better team last time we were down with Kennedy in charge. Kidney and Kiss have been there a year now, they need to start delivering some decent rugby.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:07
Said it all season, our attack is very poor.

If we donít get 5m line outs we look pretty toothless and clueless.

baldstumpy (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:12
My first game this Season due to living in Lincolnshire, Basically@#$%&conditions. Leeds also played the inexperienced Ref better than we did. They also handled the @#$%& conditions better than we did. The Officials could have been better particularly the Linesmen who always seemed of the pace

SixNineOne (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:15
Quote:
Heaf
I must have missed the bit where anyone blamed the ref ... Marie simply commented on the high penalty count and I suggested MAYBE it could be inexperience - but would be interested to hear from somebody that saw it ... at what point is that blaming the ref?
OK, fair point! Iím just so used to people blaming the ref that I didnít read your post carefully enough! Sorry about that...

Bazzo (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:40
K&K are getting off very lightly. Is it just me, but if that performance had come from the three amigos......

10 March, 2019 21:54
Quote:
Bazzo
K&K are getting off very lightly. Is it just me, but if that performance had come from the three amigos......

That's what I was driving at. We are by far the highest paid squad in the league. There's no excuse for us not to be performing to a higher standard than we currently are.

Some of that is on the players, but the buck stops at the coaches. We are still odds on for promotion, but it will take more than a few big name signings for us to survive next season if we continue to look as bereft of ideas as we did today.

Florida (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:40
It was a@#$%&performance, I hate to sound like a broken record but we need an attack coach.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:49
Quote:
Florida
It was a@#$%&performance, I hate to sound like a broken record but we need an attack coach.

Agreed, An attack/skills coach is desperately needed. Ben Ryan is out of a job... would love him

Florida (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:25
Quote:
Smudge21
Quote:
Florida

Agreed, An attack/skills coach is desperately needed. Ben Ryan is out of a job... would love him

Just imagine what he could do with the academy lads (or any attack coach for that matter)

shimmieandshake (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:41
Were there any bright sparks performance wise today? Or was it all as dross as it sounds?

10 March, 2019 23:48
Quote:
shimmieandshake
Were there any bright sparks performance wise today? Or was it all as dross as it sounds?

Not really. TJ was very energetic and got across the gainline. Defence close to the ruck was generally pretty good, but that's about it.

General pattern of the game was their nine putting up a decent/contestable box kick. We knock it on under pressure (couldn't catch a cold today) and concede a scrum from which they win a pen and gain the territory they need to score.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:56
Quote:
Florida
Just imagine what he could do with the academy lads (or any attack coach for that matter)

Train them up for Bath?

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Ruckingood (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 07:34
Well - anyone whats to watch the game here is the link:

[eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]

Password is: Yor!

Blimey that was tough to look at - For once some of the pack just did not fire.. Cilliers was a beaten man when he came off and 30 mins and Poreki had a bad day at the office, the first time I have seen this.

The backline had hands like feet and again, our kick chase was appalling. Match that against Yorkshire's chase and smash mentality and it honestly looked as if half the team were asleep and not that interested. There were those that put in the hard yards but no point highlighting them in the face of the worst performance of the season.. No the hard yards begin...

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 07:47
Expecting a big response next week following that dire performance

HMRH (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 07:50
On a positive note Ealing lost albeit with Points and a kick in the pants now may not be the worse thing - weíre still ahead and other than Pirates away we have 2 very winnable home games to come and despite Richmondís win against Ealing shouldnít come a cropper there.

The bigger issue is next season and I continue to hope for ring fencing

Bazzo (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:38
I get the ring fencing desire and I think that it is going to happen sometime. But, even still, I do not want to finish bottom even if not relegated. It would be rubbish, going to the new stadium and only there because of ring fencing. I would like to see improved performances, and I don't see it. Also, we can't keep relying on other teams to beat Ealing.

That was a big chance gone, playing a team that were in danger of relegation, not good enough, we even brought an international player here to help out (Keatley) it is way under the standard that is required. Honestly thought we would go unbeaten this season with our squad.

Alphacat (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:52
Hartpury home and Richmond away should be relatively easy wins, Doncaster at home should be fine with it being the St Patricks day game but the real pressure match will be away vs Pirates. Really don't want to be going into that final game vs Ealing with a less than 5 points advantage and the championship all to play for...

Steelman (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 13:34
Hartpury have been well bolstered with Bris & Glaws players recently .Vellacote playing at 9. Don't rely on an easy ride,the West Country teams will be wanting to help to keep the college in the championship to groom their youngsters.

HMRH (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 13:41
YC's league position is really based on their results before they bought in a load of new players. They won 1 of their first 9 and they've lost 1 of their last 8 I think so not really a bottom 3 team.

Not an excuse for the loss as sounds as though we didn't play well and YC did.

We are still 8 points ahead so IF we can return to winning ways we will still be 8 points ahead before Pirates, win that and we are 8 points ahead with Hartpury (H) and Richmond (A) to play before our last game.

We haven't set the world alight regularly but should still have enough. As for next season staying up is all that matters, playing style etc can wait for another season.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:29
Quote:
Alphacat
Hartpury home and Richmond away should be relatively easy wins, Doncaster at home should be fine with it being the St Patricks day game but the real pressure match will be away vs Pirates. Really don't want to be going into that final game vs Ealing with a less than 5 points advantage and the championship all to play for...

You see, this is the problem...... I wonder did Ealing think that Richmond would be a relatively easy win? Richmond away was tough for us before in the Championship and it was tough for Ealing this week.

Richmond and Hartpury are fighting for survival in the league. No game will be easy.

One of the other annoying things about Sundays game was the fact that we did not even get a losing BP.

If you can't get up for a game against Leeds after your main rival has lost the day before, then you have to make sure that you do against the bottom two teams, because they will definitely be up for the game against us.

shimmieandshake (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 16:24
Agreed, Bazzo. Pretty shocked there's still talk of the Premiership next year and ring-fencing etc.

That complacency is the enemy. A long way to go in the Championship, tough fixtures. Really want it settled before that final game...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net