rugbyunion
Latest News:

Wild Geese Rumour
PV (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 13:29
Afternoon everyone

Today I heard a rumour that if the Geese go down, they are going to fold. I hope it isn't true, has anyone heard anything.

Apparently we can't play any of the pro squad if they're relegated as well.

Re: Wild Geese Rumour
SirBurger (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 13:36
Quote:
PV
Afternoon everyone
Today I heard a rumour that if the Geese go down, they are going to fold. I hope it isn't true, has anyone heard anything.

Not heard anything. That would be very sad.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 13:49
Thought that they were down already?

MattM (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:01
Quote:
PV
Afternoon everyone

haven't heard anything about them folding but it is my understanding that dropping out of the national leagues does mean that they can't bring in loan/dual registered players from LI.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

PV (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:51
Yep, you're right they're down already and about player registrations.

Hopefully the rumour is false.

old school (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:56
This rumour is absolute bullshit - please be very careful before posting such things in future.

PV (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 15:08
Quote:
old school
This rumour is absolute bullshit - please be very careful before posting such things in future.

Wow, just wow.

GHA (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 15:54
Some people take internet message boards far too seriously

Tom1215 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 18:30
Quote:
old school
Calm down sunshine.
You can clearly see he was saying itís a rumour and seeing if anyone else has any info on the matter.
Why do people get so aggressive in a forum?

plzd (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 20:12
Quote:
old school
grow up the gentleman said it was a rumour no need to be so rude hiding behind a screen you would not have said that to his face

Florida (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 20:49
Quote:
old school

1. Heard a rumour that seemed pretty bad
2. Headed to a board where folks in the know hang out
3. Explained what had been heard and ask if anyone could validate or deny

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

You could have simply responded, no, it's not true and if you're in contact with those you heard it from please update them.

norg2072 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 07:33
No it's not true! The Geese are the 1st XV of the amateur club, a massive club with representation at all levels, from minis up to several senior teams.

LIAChairman (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 10:57
Hi All,
First time on the chat but can guarantee that the Wildgeese are not folding. As norg2072 pointed out The Geese are the 1st XV of the amateur club, we have over 1000 members from minis up to adults and several senior teams competing every weekend (Mens and Ladies). The Wildgeese will take the learnings from this season and be ready to compete again next 2019/2020. I hope this clarifies things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 10:58 by LIAChairman.

PV (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 12:09
Great news and thanks

AlecW (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 12:09
Thank you, Kevin - Outbreak of Sanity Shocker...!

(Sm42)

Jester (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 08:50
Are the Geese going into L&SE or SW Division?

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 08:53
Should be LSE. If a level transfer is required then Guildford are further west so they'd be more likely to switch.

Jester (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 12:05
Don't think Guildford have ever been in SW, whereas LIWG have. Probably depends on up's and down's.

old school (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 12:36
Congratulations Jester on an amazing season for your lads.

Jester (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 13:19
Quote:
old school
Congratulations Jester on an amazing season for your lads.
Thanks, it's certainly been an achievement for all involved at the club, from the kitchen staff to the head coach, it's one big Ramily

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 13:20 by Jester.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 13:25
Quote:
Jester
Don't think Guildford have ever been in SW, whereas LIWG have. Probably depends on up's and down's.

Yes, but Guildford weren't at that level in 2012-13. The Geese were transferred because they were the most westerly club in LSE that year, whereas next year Guildford would be and are therefore more likely to be moved.

paddym (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 13:56
If Camberley win London 1 South they could also be in the mix to be transferred to SW Premier.

Jester (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:59
Some sort of Level Transfer will be necessary as the departing sides from Nat 2 South are LIWG, Guernsey and most likely Birmingham & Solihull. I think I'm correct in saying that Guernsey are classed as being based at Gatwick airport due to travel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net