rugbyunion
Latest News:

We're in the news - sharp end of the season
Jonny_C (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 14:25
We're in the news - now that it's the sharp end of the season.
Rugby Times has two items (Brendan McKibbin on relegation and Hartbury being propped up by their west country premiership neighbours) and the Observer also has a piece about the move.

Observer article

Re: We're in the news - sharp end of the season
Sunburyite (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 13:30
The question of Hartbury being propped up by their West Country neighbours has been bugging me for a few weeks. Because I enjoy going to The Athletic Ground watching Richmond from time to time as it reminds me of the days at The Avenue. But Hartbury's resurrection in past months makes Lazarus look like a snail in concrete boots. Winning in Jersey? Really!
Yet I'll be at Richmond on Friday hoping to see us clinch promotion when we could be sinking Richmond at the very same time. But it doesn't appear that Quins helping them out.
I hope we get our five points on Friday then Richmond score four tries themselves and get within seven points. We should then prop them up for their last match of the season.

Despriarno (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 16:14
We could be generous and let Richmond win and get 5 points
As long as we score 4 tries and get a loosing bonus point then I'll be happy

on a different throught... If Wild Geese go down and we are not allowed to use them as a bed for our upcoming players I don't suppose we could lend a few to Richmond could we?
After all our name company name is London Irish, Richmond, London Scotish LTD

Sunburyite (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 11:28
Aah! I was aware of the takeovers when they went under.
Do we still have the little badge with their colours on our jersey?

PV (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 11:48
Yes we do and they and Scottish are two fine clubs.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 11:52
Two fine clubs alright, but do not think that the Scottish and Richmond logos are on our shirts anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net