rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tom Stephenson
orsoncart (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 18:03
Horrible looking injury to one of standout players over the last few months.

Do wish him a speedy and full recovery

Re: Tom Stephenson
waltham (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 18:30
From where we were sitting, looked like a lower leg break and he was straight on oxygen...Fingers crossed for a full recovery. He's been fantastic for us.

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 18:43
Did the guy who took him high get booked or yellow carded i've seen several lately red carded let alone yellow why the difference in Championship rugby ??

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 18:58
I must admit sir today was woeful, had a real stinker

Brewery Paul (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 19:36
Ref wasn't helped by the touch judge it was right in front of him. The forearm/elbow on Trev though was naughty. There was a lot of Hartpury below the belt stuff going on and our lads remained very cool. Rugby league at the end and we still scored!
Need to do the same to Richmond next week and then play 2 start of the season games against Ealing. Hope Tom S and Mr. Ried are ok.

smithy75 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 20:16
broke his tibia and fibula

Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 20:20
Very best wishes to Tom from the Gardens - still very well thought of in these parts, hope to see him back when we meet next season.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 20:23
As above

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 20:24 by Exile_Dave.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 20:30
Genuinely gutted for the bloke. With all his bad luck in the past he deserved a clear year or two.

He's been superb this season. Hopefully it's a relatively clean injury without complications etc.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 21:39
Gutting news for Tom, really liked watching him play this year. Best wishes to him

Antonirish (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 23:43
I am really gutted for Tom cause he has been top class this and I don't think he will be back to around January 2020 at the earliest

JamesC (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 07:12
Sad news and hope to see the speedy return of the Stephenson rocket

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 09:58
Gutting for him. I'm starting to get genuinely annoyed and worried for player welfare in this league. Numerous times high/cheap shots have gone unpunished. The sooner we're back amongst the top tier the better. It may be over zealous in the prem but at least player welfare is the first and only consideration, just doesn't seem to be in the championship.

Marbo (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 10:56
I was at the game yesterday but was sat the opposite end to where Tom's injruy happened can anyone clear up how it occurred? Looked nasty but couldn't see for my angle exactly what happened.

Gutted for Tom he's played expectional this season and was making a case for player of the season imo, making the 13 jersey his own. I wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to the huge cheer from Irish fans when he returns from injury some time next season.

smithy75 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 11:11
From what I could see was two Hartpury players went in quite high and took him out, guessing he fell funny to break his tib and fib but must've been in a lot of pain calling for the gas and air straight away

Bazzo (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 11:31
It was near me, double tackle.

To be fair, it was not the high tackle that was the problem, it was the lower one and the twist in the body when he landed. Knew straight away from his reaction that it was bad. Thought it was his neck or shoulder at first but when the Medics arrived it quickly became apparent that it was his leg or ankle. Took his sock off and got a kind of inflatable cast on him. He wanted oxygen straight away. He was in a bad way. Puts a lot of things in perspective. Not good and just wish him all the very best.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:16
It happened right in front of me but could only see the arm to the throat from the player on the near side, although it was clearly the tackler on his other aide that did the damage.

Assistant referee obviously unsighted or there would have been a yellow at least for the swinging arm to the neck area that everyone initially thought was the reason he went down.

Hope he recovers fully and takes time to do so. He's been my signing of the season this year despite a number of previous injuries so very unlucky for him.

Finno (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 14:39
Quote:
Jamiepep1
Gutting for him. I'm starting to get genuinely annoyed and worried for player welfare in this league. Numerous times high/cheap shots have gone unpunished. The sooner we're back amongst the top tier the better. It may be over zealous in the prem but at least player welfare is the first and only consideration, just doesn't seem to be in the championship.

I agree completely!!

waltham (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 14:32
Really hope his recovery goes well - Wikipedia entry talks about his previous broken leg(s?) injury..
He's been in my personal Top 5 players this season...Runs great lines...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net