Latest news:

Championship Dream Team
Discussion started by Exile_Dave , 05 May, 2019 10:37
Championship Dream Team
Exile_Dave 05 May, 2019 10:37
Todayís TRP has announced the Championship dream team with our very own Josh McNally, Matt Rogerson and Tom Stephenson making the 15.

1. Will Good-Rick Clark (Richmond)
2. Sam Matavesi (Pirates)
3. Craig Trenier (Richmond)
4. Jerry Sexton (Jersey)
5. Josh McNally (Irish)
6. Rayn Smid (Ealing)
7. Jordy Reid (Ealing)
8. Matt Rogerson (Irish)
9. Will Homer (Jersey)
10. Brett Herron (Jersey)
11. James Cordy-Redden (Ealing)
12. Pete Lucock (Carnegie)
13. Tom Stephenson (Irish)
14. Leroy Van Dam (Jersey)
15. Richard Lane (Bedford)

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Re: Championship Dream Team
Elredmondo 05 May, 2019 11:10
Shocked a few more irish names not in there.

Shawshank 05 May, 2019 11:45
Bit surprised Olly Hoskins and Ben Meehan not picked.

Also thought the Ealing 9 yesterday was excellent, miles better than Will Homer.

The rest of our stand-outs (eg. Loader, Keatley, Freddie) perhaps didnít play enough games?

jimbo800 05 May, 2019 12:06
Some of the guys are victim of the squad rotation that we saw at the beginning of the season. But I definitely think Loader should have been in, how many try of the week awards did he get?

Elredmondo 05 May, 2019 12:09
For me on just championship games would have had Hoskins, Porecki and Meehan. Think Loader and Freddie did not play enough.

nimblehippo 05 May, 2019 12:10
Well the rest of the Jersey team must be proper poo if they aren't promoted with 4 players in the side. Somewhat ridiculous that Richmond get 2 players in there - who comes up with these things?

Marbo 05 May, 2019 12:10
I think Loader and Freddie got robbed! Alright I'll accept I have a slightly biased view but Freddie and Loader have scored some outstanding tries this season. Though Freddie didn't arrive till later - also Albert could have been in with a shout, comfortably one of the most dominant forwards in the league.

SirBurger 05 May, 2019 12:29
Freddie and Albert didnít play enough games and Freddie took a few games to get going. Biggest surprise for me is Meehan. May not have made as many fancy breaks as Homer or Burns but I would go so far as to say our best player this season and comfortably the best 9 in the league.

Cfenton 05 May, 2019 13:42
Should be celebrating the lads that made it. Well done to all

Exile_Dave 05 May, 2019 14:19
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Todayís TRP has announced the Championship dream team with our very own Josh McNally, Matt Rogerson and Tom Stephenson making the 15.
1. Will Good-Rick Clark (Richmond)
2. Sam Matavesi (Pirates)
3. Craig Trenier (Richmond)
4. Jerry Sexton (Jersey)
5. Josh McNally (Irish)
6. Rayn Smid (Ealing)
7. Jordy Reid (Ealing)
8. Matt Rogerson (Irish)
9. Will Homer (Jersey)
10. Brett Herron (Jersey)
11. James Cordy-Redden (Ealing)
12. Pete Lucock (Carnegie)
13. Tom Stephenson (Irish)
14. Leroy Van Dam (Jersey)
15. Richard Lane (Bedford)

There was mentions of Hepetema and Smyler as close contenders.

There was also a mention in Will Good-Rick Clark as being snapped up as a signing for us.

TryBlues 06 May, 2019 13:31
Well Blues had the 1st (16) and 2nd (15) highest try scorers in the division and they didn't make the cut.

Reddan had 12
Van Dam 8
Loader was 5 in 12 games apparently

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net