Latest news:

Thank You
Discussion started by Babs O , 06 May, 2019 11:26
Thank You
Babs O 06 May, 2019 11:26
Hello everyone,

Now that the season is done, I wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you on behalf of the family to everyone on here for the love and appreciation given to Topsy last week but also over his time as a player with the club.

I know that players are open to criticism on their performances week on week and that comes with the territory. However what should never be questioned is the amount of dedication, hard work and sacrifice that goes on behind the scenes. I am thankful that we have a great collection of people who support this wonderful club and that his contribution over the years has been recognised. Also the kind words given to me and my family over the years has not been forgotten either and they have been passed on to Topsy as well.

Thank you all and here's to next season in the Prem and hopefully staying there!

Babs O

(Sm128)

Re: Thank You
NickK 06 May, 2019 11:41
Topsy truly is an Ambassador for London Irish and Rugby in general. You should be very proud.

jimbo800 06 May, 2019 11:49
One more year.....

Elredmondo 06 May, 2019 12:00
I am a firm believer who ever pulls on my club shirt deserves the upmost respect. They put their bodies and passion for the sport into my club. Topsy has done this more than any other player and has enjoyed the highs and lows. A player to me that emphasises what I sell to other led to watch London irish. Although I want witness the twists and sprints anymore. I look forward to his continuing influence at the club. I look forward to Topsy new chapter with the club and canít thank him enough for what he has done to date. Enjoy the next chapter!

Tom1215 06 May, 2019 12:12
You just donít see that kind of loyalty in sport anymore.
Topsy had so much loyalty for the club and it definitely shown with the love he received from the fans on his final game. I will certainly miss seeing his name on the team sheet.

Yvanski 06 May, 2019 12:38
Loved watching Topsy - will be missed on the pitch but really pleased to hear he will still be involved in some capacity.

Heaf 06 May, 2019 15:15
I had the unexpected pleasure to meet Topsy at a rugby dinner event in London a few years back and spent some time chatting with him (and he signed my season ticket card which fortunately I had in my wallet at the time) - a really genuine nice guy. I wish him all the best for the future and am really pleased he has a role within the club still.

waltham 07 May, 2019 16:31
(Sm128)(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net