Latest news:

So this is what the other side feels like
Discussion started by tatthecraic2 , 10 May, 2019 15:35
So this is what the other side feels like
tatthecraic2 10 May, 2019 15:35
A lot of questions being asked about whether we are adhering to the Salary Cap.

[www.rugbypass.com]

Quite frankly... how dare they! (Sm6)

I know we are using the CVC money to purchase our players... but will our squad be sustainable under the Salary Cap?

Re: So this is what the other side feels like
Griff 10 May, 2019 15:45
Gotta love a "news" story that is "people say stupid stuff on twitter".

The 8 they highlight probably come in at an average of £250k-350k each and two of them can be marquee signings So they add £1.5m-2.1m. Take off what we're losing and you're probably up on last year by about a million. Can't imagine we were anywhere near the GP cap while we were in the Championship - although we were obviously comfortably north of all the other teams (possibly combined).

As far as the cash for them is concerned it's my understanding that we have a new backer (although no-one is saying who yet) rather than spending the CVC cash.

Exile_Dave 10 May, 2019 15:50
Quote:
tatthecraic2
[www.rugbypass.com]

I know we are using the CVC money to purchase our players... but will our squad be sustainable under the Salary Cap?

Iím pretty sure itís new investors cash aswell.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

tatthecraic2 10 May, 2019 15:55
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
tatthecraic2
[www.rugbypass.com]

Iím pretty sure itís new investors cash aswell.

Thats very interesting... that would be a hell of an investor if they're willing to flash that sort of cash and actually have the hunger to sign some top quality players.

Exile_Dave 10 May, 2019 15:58
We do have an American investor onboard very recently within the last 3 months and I believe we are looking at the American market for investment.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

millhillexile 10 May, 2019 16:01
Hadn't seen much of Mick Crossan lately. Is he still as involved as ever?

olw131 10 May, 2019 17:07
Done some digging and it may be associated with Nigel Northridge, who seems to have been a member of the Board a few years back and was appointed again in January as per Companies House.

He is chairman of the Hogg Robinson Group which was bought out by an American Express subsidiary last year.

Putting 2 and 2 together...?

waltham 10 May, 2019 17:12
Quote:
olw131
Done some digging and it may be associated with Nigel Northridge, who seems to have been a member of the Board a few years back and was appointed again in January as per Companies House.
He is chairman of the Hogg Robinson Group which was bought out by an American Express subsidiary last year.

Putting 2 and 2 together...?

That's what I wondered when Companies House sent out the notification of his appointment: The Club has been rather silent about it..

Florida 10 May, 2019 17:59
Rugbypass do write a lot of junk. I generally don't bother reading anything from them unless it's by Alex Shaw

GHA 10 May, 2019 18:12
Find idiots on twitter, create a clickbaity article, use said idiots as sources in article

From the BBC all the way down to rugbypass

norg2072 10 May, 2019 18:48
I've been told there are 2 new investors, not 1 winking smiley and not Northridge.

Mick had heart surgery and took a while to get back on his feet but was on fine form at the Richmond game.

millhillexile 10 May, 2019 21:04
Thanks for update. Glad to hear Mick feeling better.

Sore Doc 15 May, 2019 19:04
Quote:
millhillexile
Hadn't seen much of Mick Crossan lately. Is he still as involved as ever?
I saw & spoke to Mick Crossan as, right in front of us; he was denied access into the stand at Ealing just before the start of the cup final. He took it very well, even after I suggested that he tried the ďdo you not know who I am??!!Ē tactic.
Top fellah, even if he is a Chelsea supporter!
(Sm150)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net