rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sean O'Brien admits he maybe done
LondonerDub (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 14:07
This doesn't sound good at all for us:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1133322376484151297

Also sounds like his hip has been bad for over a year - I hope we have some sort of pull out clause

Re: Sean O'Brien admits he maybe done
GHA (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 14:19
Similar op to Andy Murray - he's excited about it if it works

LondonerDub (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 14:27
The contact and pressure put on such an area is vastly different in Tennis v Rugby. I do hope there is a plan B!

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 19:55
Arthroscopic hip surgery only has around 40pc chance on success. I know this because I also need it and that's what the surgeon told me.

GHA (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 22:36
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Arthroscopic hip surgery only has around 40pc chance on success. I know this because I also need it and that's what the surgeon told me.

Does that increase depending on how much of a professional sportsperson you are?

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
30 May, 2019 06:06
I'm guessing the chances of success would actually decrease for a pro sportsman, given the extra demands placed on their body compared to the man on the street.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 May, 2019 07:10
Quote:
Margin_Walker
I'm guessing the chances of success would actually decrease for a pro sportsman, given the extra demands placed on their body compared to the man on the street.

The professional sportsperson is has a better starting point though. Not meaning to be disrespectful to tatthecraic but a professional rugby player would have a quicker recovery period, a lower chance of re-injury and a lower chance of additional complications from a dislocated shoulder compared to an 80-year-old, for example

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
30 May, 2019 08:05
Agree we'll have to wait and see and good luck to the bloke. Looking forward to seeing him play if he does lace up his boots for us, but personally think there's more chance of that not happening.

Exile44 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 15:49
It's very worrying for sure; looking less likely that we'll manage to have him with us, but you never know.

Interesting point in the full clip here where he admits it's been an on-going problem for over a year...

I would hope / assume this had been checked and discussed during the contract negotiations.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 16:02
Iíve been informed that there is a good chance a media report will be coming out soon regarding poor off field behaviour with O brown. Irish media donít go after the players whilst theyíre under contract knowing that theyíll get shut out if they print anything about them. Now thatís heís not part of the IRFU heís fair-game. Iím not throwing him under the bus, itís his an interesting debate where we heard all about Jackson but there are less than savoury incidents going on that are kept off the papers. (Iím aware Jacksonís was a court case).

SirBurger (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 16:13
Edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/05/2019 16:18 by SirBurger.

Clontarf (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 17:11
Jimbo

I'm surprised and I hope you're wrong.

Watching Off The Ball and other Irish Podcasts etc the praise for SOB coming from all corners of the game in Ireland is overwhelming and continuous.

If there was an upcoming article dishing some dirt I doubt if BOD and others would be heaping praise on him not only for his playing ability but for his character also.

This forum is going to be busy through the summer.

rugbygibbo (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 17:50
Having seen screenshots of some of the alleged behaviour I would say it doesnít look good. Not nearly as bad as the other fella by a distance though

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 17:52
This incident was not the first of its kind. I guess weíll have to wait and see if it does get reported in the end. Itís not a case of if something happened, itís if they report on it. Again, WhatsAppís that Iíve seen confirm that there are plenty players pro players out there who would rather not have them printed.

All this does for me is confirm that they are human just like the rest of us.

plzd (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 20:31
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
tatthecraic2

Does that increase depending on how much of a professional sportsperson you are?
. I had srthuroscopy surgeon said 80 percent chance of success mine got worse which is a risk _ had new hip in a year which fantastic

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2019 20:36
Plzd, are you the 10th signing weíve been waiting for?

ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
01 June, 2019 23:55
Apparently SOB urinated on someone in a pub a few nights ago. At least him and Phipps have some shared interests.

Overall between that, some other rumours, and his injury and he's slipping into the "too much trouble" category. Looking at our recruitment for next year, the two remaining signings need to big 2 nasty saffa forwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 23:59 by ExiledChameleon.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 09:08
Fissler now stating we're discretely making enquiries into who's available. He's also whacked another 100k onto SOB's salary.

PV (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 09:51
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Apparently SOB urinated on someone in a pub a few nights ago. At least him and Phipps have some shared interests.
Overall between that, some other rumours, and his injury and he's slipping into the "too much trouble" category. Looking at our recruitment for next year, the two remaining signings need to big 2 nasty saffa forwards.

If that is true then would we want him?

HMRH (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 22:28
I hope we see SOB fit and playing for us.

If we dont who is available?

Parisse? Good leadership skills and buy us time to line up a longer term replacement? Last I heard he hadnít extended at Stade.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 June, 2019 23:07
Quote:
HMRH
I hope we see SOB fit and playing for us.
If we dont who is available?

Parisse? Good leadership skills and buy us time to line up a longer term replacement? Last I heard he hadnít extended at Stade.

Mark Wilson, could even offer him a season long loan (although I don't see the point due to the amount he'll be out with England, longer deal would be better)

PV (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 07:51
Facundo Isa

AlecW (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 08:56
Facundo is a ... what???

(Sm100)

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 09:14
Isa signed up to RCT no?

SirBurger (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 09:17
Isa would be a great signing, but can't see him leaving France.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 09:29
Just checked - Isa extended for three seasons with Toulon only four days ago, so we can rule that one out.

PV (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 10:41
We could afford him.....

Pocock as well

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
03 June, 2019 16:08
Luke Wallace is out of contract at Quins. if he gets himself a good run of games he'd be a tidy signing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net