Discussion started by Ajax Treesdown , 12 June, 2019 16:01
Gatland Confirmed 2021 Lions Coach
Ajax Treesdown 12 June, 2019 16:01

Re: Gatland Confirmed 2021 Lions Coach
HMRH 12 June, 2019 16:07
Good choice - canít wait

GHA 12 June, 2019 16:26
This might be unpopular but not for me - 'undefeated' in two series but he completely takes the fun / joy / soul out of what the Lions stand for. Kurtley Beale's boots and Romain Poite's 'deal' helped the results side of things as well.

Bazzo 12 June, 2019 17:01
Quote:
GHA
This might be unpopular but not for me - 'undefeated' in two series but he completely takes the fun / joy / soul out of what the Lions stand for. Kurtley Beale's boots and Romain Poite's 'deal' helped the results side of things as well.

In fairness, you would be well qualified to give an opinion on taking the fun/joy/soul out of things.

HMRH 12 June, 2019 17:17
Nah itís there to be won and it didnít feel like that watching in NZ. Great time and some immense games

GHA 12 June, 2019 18:37
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
GHA

In fairness, you would be well qualified to give an opinion on taking the fun/joy/soul out of things.

So you agree with me?

LI Bohemian 12 June, 2019 21:30
I would say travelling half way around the world to support your team and then they lose or in Woodward's case are uncompetitive, is no fun either.
I think Gatland is the only choice, as his team is ranked 2nd in the world, have beaten everybody bar the AB now and he's got more experience than any Lions coach bar Ian McGeechan.

plzd 13 June, 2019 09:25
Quote:
GHA

the Lions have stood for losing for far too long

old hillbilly 13 June, 2019 19:45
No argument from me, they have picked a very experienced and successful coach for Wales's next tour to South Africa. Good luck to them..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net