rugbyunion
Latest News:

Mike Catt to Ireland
Sunburyite (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 12:50
Catty joining the Ireland setup after the World Cup. Will be an assistant coach when Farrell takes over. Apparently it puts the entire England 2015 World Cup coaching team in Ireland. Hopefully they've learnt a bit since then.

Re: Mike Catt to Ireland
Bazzo (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 14:12
Lancaster and Farrell have both done very well. They must have learnt something.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 14:42
I think, in hindsight they were forced into having to pick a player that didn't suit the team, the square peg derailed a train.

M51 (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 20:57
The Burgess fiasco, i was never sure who orchestrated that disaster. It derailed a potentially great coaching team..

Florida (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 21:41
Quote:
M51
The Burgess fiasco, i was never sure who orchestrated that disaster. It derailed a potentially great coaching team..

Could have been they needed that fiasco and the @#$%& storm that followed it to turn them into the coaches they are today. It could of course be that Faz Sr and Bomber just weren't capable of working together.

Clontarf (IP Logged)
25 June, 2019 13:51
As an Irish supporter I sincerely hope that the new coaching team is successful and as London Irish supporter I remember Catty's contribution to our glory years very fondly.

Joe Schmidt will be a hard act to follow but after a period of success a new coach/coaching team often has to endure a rebuilding period.

A coaching team with such a strong English dimension will have a very short honeymoon period. A poor or even average 6 Nations campaign in 2020 will have the press pack baying for blood.

Fingers crossed

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
25 June, 2019 16:29
There's not 100 percent joy by some Irish supporters over the fact that he will be the 4th England coach from 2015 WC coaching team now employed by the teams in Ireland.Not that i can blame them as we seem to be going down the same route in England.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net