rugbyunion
Latest News:

OT - Charity Cycle Ride
Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 17:43
The editors have kindly given me permission to post this here. As some members of the august body of London Irish Supporters are aware I had the misfortune of suffering from an illness which caused great disruption to my life, physical/mental health and the loss of my employment.

As part of my recovery I started building my fitness by taking up cycling. I'm now keen to "pay something back" after the wonderful support I had from family and my many friends including those at London Irish.

Anyone who saw me wheezing about for the Flatulent Fairies at FB7s or Touch will be astonished to hear I'm now in a place where I am able to propel myself from Kent to Ypres* in aid of Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI). RBLI provides employment, support and care to the Armed Forces Community and those disadvantaged by disability, a health condition or social welfare need.

If anyone is able and willing to contribute to this cause donations can be made on my JustGiving page. This isn't a "pay for Foggy to have a holiday" request, there was a commercial entry fee for the challenge!

Thanks for reading, have a good summer, and here's to our last season in Reading & being back in the Premiership!

*There will be a ferry for the blue wobbly bit between England & France (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 17:45 by Foggy-Balla.

Re: OT - Charity Cycle Ride
Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
16 July, 2019 10:48
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/p391/C-WR/0/b2b71b8e-dbc1-44b9-89fb-cb1d2bba7411-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We did it! Many thanks to all London Irish supporters who have backed me over the course of a difficult couple of years in general and for this challenge in particular (Sm125)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
16 July, 2019 11:00
Well done Foggy.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

waltham (IP Logged)
17 July, 2019 11:30
Well done Foggy...

17 July, 2019 15:11
Great effort Foggy. Well done mate.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
17 July, 2019 19:44
Thanks, all. It was a wonderful experience & best of all a goodly sum raised for the charity. Still buzzing about it, no doubt I'll be boring those who know me about the trip at the beginning of the season!

Some videos of the routes here. My tracker playing up on day one so entire course not captured.

Day One - Aylesford-Dover

Day Two - Calais-Ypres

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net