rugbyunion
Latest News:

Seb De Chaves
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 12:05
London Irish can confirm that Sebastian De Chaves has signed for Newcastle Falcons with immediate effect.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Re: Seb De Chaves
HMRH (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 12:11
Good luck boet

shimmieandshake (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 12:14
That's a strange one. We're light enough at lock already, so I assume we have unannounced signings or at least replacements in the crosshairs?

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 13:22
Can only imagine we've got at least one more lock incoming.

Seb's drifted down the pecking order since his first season with us, but did offer a useful depth option.

Good luck to him and hope he gets plenty of gametime up there.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 14:05
Very odd...

Tom1215 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2019 19:02
Good servant to the club but didnít really add much premiership quality to our squad. Couple youngsters here who with game time can excel and this leaves gaps with in the wage bill for a new signing as well.
Wish him all the best but happy with this deal.

Clontarf (IP Logged)
04 July, 2019 11:48
Spoke to him at some stage mid season and got the feeling that he didn't feel part of K+K's plans

Good luck at Falcons

SirBurger (IP Logged)
04 July, 2019 12:06
Quote:
Tom1215
Good servant to the club but didnít really add much premiership quality to our squad. Couple youngsters here who with game time can excel and this leaves gaps with in the wage bill for a new signing as well.
Wish him all the best but happy with this deal.

His best season was the first one in the Champ where he looked like a very good all-round lock. Last time in the Premiership he had a couple of weak performances (albeit in a weak team) and hasn't really recovered from that. My concern is that, whether you rate him or not, this leaves us with three senior locks for next season, which is at least one, but probably two too few.

HMRH (IP Logged)
04 July, 2019 14:10
ďCouple of youngsters... who can excelĒ - who have we got ready to play Prem level rugby?

Tom1215 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2019 22:40
Right donít get me wrong we need a second row or 2 of prem standard I know that everyone knows that, but having players like Cooke and Munga playing cup games rather than de chaves is much more beneficial for the long term of the club cause they have the potential to push on for big things having already been part of England set ups at age group levels. (Actually not sure on Cooke with that statement has he played England age groups?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 22:41 by Tom1215.

HMRH (IP Logged)
04 July, 2019 22:54
Cooke played Irish age group rugby until U18s I think?

04 July, 2019 23:09
Cooke played for Ireland up to U19s, but I'm not sure I see him ever making it as a senior lock. He's just not going to be big enough imo.

Mentioned on another thread that Collingridge is an interesting one. Coaches obviously rate him or he wouldn't have been kept on after his first two injury hit academy seasons. Munga is definitely a prospect, albeit not likely to get much of a look in fresh out of school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 23:20 by Margin_Walker.

MattM (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 06:06
Cooke is viewed as a 6 I believe.
In terms of academy locks, Collingridge is 3rd year. Donnell is 2nd year and very highly rated. He was in the England u20s squad but had to withdraw through injury. He is eligible again this year and I suspect we will see him get game time in a white shirt.
Munga is 1st year so I would think he will mostly play Pre Shield (A League) games with the above two getting Cup game time.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

05 July, 2019 06:39
Think Donnell was also lining up at 6 for Esher pre injury last season. May have made that up though. Would definitely expect to see him in the U20 EPS again and hopefully he has better luck.

MattM (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 08:04
It wouldn't surprise me. It seems to be the case now that locks need to have the work rate of a blindside and when that is the case why not use them there occasionally.
Worked for us with Josh.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 17:48
Any chance that we end up playing Tuisue at lock given he's played there for Fiji? I'd rather have an extra player especially given injury concerns over Botha and Coleman, but might be an option while the academy locks develop.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 19:22
Who would you then play at 6? I would be very reluctant to move Tuisue after the promise he showed at the end of the season. He looks like a natural 6 to me.

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 20:00
So who do we have at lock at season start that can play at Prem standard?
Franco
Botha

Iím sure Iíve forgotten someone - hopefully

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 July, 2019 07:26
Maddison I forgot Maddison - thanks to MarginWalkers squad list I can add home which gives us 3!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net